Problem with phone/voice-garbled voice output

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hnet57
Freshman

Problem with phone/voice-garbled voice output

Greetings. I am new to this voice service from HughesNet and just installed it a couple of days ago. The Incoming caller sounds clear but my voice is garbled. I called in to complain about this so there should be a work order in place. I thought I would try this user site as well. It’s almost like the ATA does not translate my voice Properly. Please help since the service in currently unusable.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning Hnet57,

I appreciate your patience while our VOIP team addressed this for you. This should be fixed by now, can you please confirm that your recent calls are clearer?

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Liz

Hi Hnet57,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I was able to locate your case and see that it indeed has been escalated for investigation. Any difference from this morning? Is the outgoing audio still garbled right now?

If this is persisting even now, please document the time(s) and phone number(s) of the calls where the other party is hearing garbled audio. The Voice team handling your existing case will need that information if this isn't resolved yet.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes, no change. The problem seems to be universal to everyone we talked to in CA and OR. This has never worked, independent of time or number we call. Again, we can hear the person on the other end but they can’t understand us. The ata lights ate on (power, phone and globe)

I have not heard from Anyone yet about my unusable phone service and it’s been 48 hours since I first called in. I’m starting to get a little worried.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hnet57 

If the phone reps stated that they would call you, they may very well still do so, but they're being hammered right now with support requests, so it can take them longer than it normally would.  

The reps on this community, like Liz, are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, so the earliest you'll hear back from her is Monday.

Greetings. Someone from Hnet did TRY to call me on the new phone number. But as I had explained in the problem description, nobody can understand me on the other end. So calling me on the HughesNet phone will not be productive. It was very frustrating that the person calling did not understand this. Today is another day.

Hi Hnet57,

Thank you for this update, I'll take it from here, especially if troubleshooting over the phone won't work. Let me send this over to our VOIP team here at corporate to investigate. I'll post back once I have any instructions or news for you.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz.  I appreciate the fact that the support team is pretty busy, however I have not heard anything that leads me to believe that anyone is addressing my (your) problem.  It has been a week now since I received this questionable equipment (e.g. ATA and cables).  This has never worked--the Hughesnet phone system is completly useless to me and has been since opening the box and performing the simple install.  To me, this is a safety issue for my wife and myself in that we can't use it to make the most basic of phone calls to 911.  I have made at least six phone calls via cell phone to Hughesnet support people--reset all the equipment and participated in 'test' phone calls.  They all believe there is a problem but nobody seems to be interested in resolving the issue.  I have been told that a download has been performed but no email notification that this has happened, and no change in the behavior of the phone system.  There is not much involved here--modem, ATA and antenna.  We have tried multiple phones--all work the same.  Why shouldn't this work out of the box?  I think my ATA might be bad, but that is a guess.   I seem to be pulling teeth here with no one on the Hughesnet side putting much emphasis on this issue on my behalf.  I also feel that we should not just wait here while the VoIP team takes their time maybe addressing the problem.  The sad thing is that I am paying for a service and have expectations that it work.  We need some action here and better communication.  Can you please make something happen?  We are highly motivated to resolve the issue on this end--how about the Hughesnet side?  Thanks

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hnet57 wrote:

Hi Liz.  I appreciate the fact that the support team is pretty busy, however I have not heard anything that leads me to believe that anyone is addressing my (your) problem.   

"They have located the likely source of your concerns and are looking to get this squared away on our end to see if that makes a difference."  -  Liz

Thanks for the reply. I eventually saw the post from Liz. Unfortunately at the same time Liz was responding with her post I was also crafting my dissertation. I’ll try to be more patient.

Good morning Hnet57,

I appreciate your patience while our VOIP team addressed this for you. This should be fixed by now, can you please confirm that your recent calls are clearer?

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz! I am happy to report that the phone service is working great now. We have made a few long calls and everyone was clear and no calls were dropped. Thanks to you and team for resolving this issue. I think we can close this problem report out.

Wonderful to hear that Hnet57, thank you for the confirmation! Have a great weekend!

-Liz

Hello Hnet57,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers investigate. They have located the likely source of your concerns and are looking to get this squared away on our end to see if that makes a difference. Once I have any other news for you I'll post back.

-Liz