Process of installing replacement modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SockelL
Freshman

Process of installing replacement modem

About a week ago, we decided to change our plan to the next one up, which provided 15GB of data. Tried to change my service plan online, but website would not let me so called customer support. Was told the reason I could not change my service plan online was because I had an older HT1100 modem and I would need to upgrade to a newer modem to go to the next plan up. Support person quoted me a better rate for the plan I wanted with a 2 year contract and said new modem would be sent to me at no charge and I could simply replace my old modem and follow the instructions provided  to install my new modem. So I agreed to get the new modem. It arrived a few days ago and last night I tried the install. Followed the directions, which indicated the install process would take about 60 minutes. After about 3 1/2 hours, all lights were not on abd the install had not worked and we had no internet. Unplugged everything for about 10 minutes and tried install again. 6 1/2 hours later, still no success, so made a call to Tech Support today. They walked me thru several things and could not get the modem to install. Bottom line: was told because they could not resolve my problem remotely, a technician would need to be sent to my home and I will be charged a fee for this. Kinda disgusted at this point. If I knew this replacement modem would end up costing me I would have stayed on my old plan.  Don’t understand why an existing customer has to pay for Hughesnet to get their own equipment functional, especially after they talked me into getting the new equipment. Ok rant over. 

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Give the corporate reps on this site a chance to look into this and get back to you.  They may have a solution or other options for you. 

Remy

SockeIL,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear that the modem installation process seems to have been an issue! I will go ahead and credit the account to cover the upcoming technician fee, as courtesy. We appreciate your understanding, and want to make sure your switch over to a new plan is as seamless as possible!

Thanks,

Remy

Remy, 

Thank you for crediting the upcoming technician fee. Think I’ve been a customer for about 15 years and don’t remember ever updating the modem at all. Appreciate you taking time to read our community posts and offer solutions. Hoping we will have internet again by tomorrow afternoon.