Hughesnet Community

Re: Connecting to wifi on Gen 5 Ht2000w modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PPannell34

Re: Connecting to wifi on Gen 5 Ht2000w modem

Hi, I know this post is from forever ago. My administrative password isn’t admin. It’s not working and honestly I don’t know what to do. I’m just trying to change my WiFi password so my roommates stay off my stuff. [removed user info ~A]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi PPannell34,

You will need to reset your modem to factory in order to login if you currently cannot. Please be sure you do the following using a computer or laptop directly connected to one of the LAN ports of the HughesNet Wi-Fi Modem.

Download the HT2000W Wi-Fi Modem User Guide

How to reset to factory settings

1. On the back of the HT2000W (right under the white label), there is a ‘Reset’ button.
  2. Use a paper clip (or some small/thin object to insert in the hole)
  3. Insert the paper clip, press the button one time and release
  4. Press the WPS button on the front of the HT2000W
  5. After the lights on the HT2000W are back on, login using the password on the back of the modem. (Refer to the User Guide for appropriate modem lights)

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@PPannell34

It would be best for you to start a new topic for this issue, which you can do here... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Two other things.  First, it would be best for you to edit your email out of your post on here (click on the three dots to the upper right of your post), as you should never post your email address on a public site.  Second, if you read a thread that suggests resetting your modem by pressing the reset button on the back of the modem, DO NOT DO SO.  The reset button is only to be used if YOU are specifically instructed to by a rep, and the reps will have a "badge" next to their name indicating that they are a representative.  A badge like Moderator or Employee.  Pressing the reset button can do more harm than good if it's not done in a specific way and when instructed to be done.  

Amanda

Hi PPannell34,

You will need to reset your modem to factory in order to login if you currently cannot. Please be sure you do the following using a computer or laptop directly connected to one of the LAN ports of the HughesNet Wi-Fi Modem.

Download the HT2000W Wi-Fi Modem User Guide

How to reset to factory settings

1. On the back of the HT2000W (right under the white label), there is a ‘Reset’ button.
  2. Use a paper clip (or some small/thin object to insert in the hole)
  3. Insert the paper clip, press the button one time and release
  4. Press the WPS button on the front of the HT2000W
  5. After the lights on the HT2000W are back on, login using the password on the back of the modem. (Refer to the User Guide for appropriate modem lights)

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi PPannell34,
It's been a while since we've heard from you, so before we close the thread I just wanted to check in and see if the steps I provided worked to resolve your issue. Thanks!

Amanda

Hello PPannell34,

It's been a while since we've heard back from you so the thread will be closed. I hope the solution I provided was able to help get you logged in. If you need any further assistance please feel free to create a new post.

Thank you.

Amanda