Re: phone service terrible

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom Hughey
Sophomore

Re: phone service terrible

I am afraid that the technical update did not help my problem. In fact, it seems even worse. Large portions of conversation is dropped and replaced by strange noises. The people I call say that they can hear me. Too much of what they are saying to me is dropped or replaced by thoses noises. This problem arose when I upgraded to GEN5 from GEN4. Please let me know what information I might provide that would help resolve this issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aedan
Senior

Hello Tom Hughey, 

Thanks for posting. Below are some questions that will help us troubleshoot this issue. I have also sent you a message to further address your issue.

1. What type of phone are you using (Corded / Cordless)?
2. Please power Cycle your Devices and if possible try a new phone/handset and see if the issue persists.
3. Can you please describe the noise that you are hearing? Is it static noise?

Thanks.
-Aedan

-Aedan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Aedan
Senior

Hello Tom Hughey, 

Thanks for posting. Below are some questions that will help us troubleshoot this issue. I have also sent you a message to further address your issue.

1. What type of phone are you using (Corded / Cordless)?
2. Please power Cycle your Devices and if possible try a new phone/handset and see if the issue persists.
3. Can you please describe the noise that you are hearing? Is it static noise?

Thanks.
-Aedan

-Aedan

1. The type of phone I am using is a cordless Panasonic.

2. I cycled the modem and the Cisco ATA. And, then called my friend and had a great, trouble free conversation for about a half hour. it was just as good as it was before I got GEN5. Evidently, cycling the modem and Cisco ATA solved the problem. Let's hope it stays solved.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Beechcreek wrote:

I hope this issue will be solved with a permanent fix, and not some sort of bandaid, otherwise they can come back and reinstall  my Gen4. 

I have no doubt they are busily working on a fix for the issue some of you are seeing with the phone service.  With that said, there is no going back to Gen4. 

I am currently having the same issues as you have stated and I do not know how to get ahold of anyone to fix the issue because I can not understand a word that they are saying. One lady told me from customer service told me that I was having issues because I have used up all of my data but its a new month and still having the same issues. If this issue does not get resolved soon I will be taking my business elsewhere. This is rediculios!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@slanning0216 wrote:

One lady told me from customer service told me that I was having issues because I have used up all of my data but its a new month and still having the same issues.

I'm not positive of this, as I don't have HughesNet's phone service, but I don't believe running out of your monthly data has any effect on the phone service.  I believe it runs on its own, separate, service.  

MSJ
New Poster

Has anyone been able to solve the very poor phone service. My phone discontects during conversations. Its also verydificult to talk with people due to the your conversation breaking up. I have tried different phones corded and cordless and also different brands of phones. I have also reboted my modem. No Improvement. The problem is even worse at night between 7 pm and 11pm.