Returning Equipment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retana003
Freshman

Returning Equipment

I cancelled my service last month and still have not rec'd a return equipment package and fear being charged for not returning the equipment. I know i have to return the Satellite Modem and Radio Assembly, but do not have any way to remove the Radio Assembly. How do I go about this? Does Hughes Net assist in this service??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for clarifying your post, poulson4. We do offer assistance in deinstalling if it is requested.

Capture.JPG

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@retana003

I will tag the reps so that they will be sure to see your question and reply.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, but it may take them a day or two to reply. 

With this said, please edit your SAN (account number) out of your post.  You should NEVER post your SAN in public.  Again, please go back and edit your SAN out of your post.  The reps can find your account information from your Community sign on info.  

Also, the return box is not sent until your account is actually closed, which is the last day of your billing cycle.  As an example, if you cancelled your account on the 5th, but your billing cycle ends on the 28th, your account would be closed and the box would be sent out on the 28th.  

@Liz 

@Amanda

Hi retana003,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Your account was cancelled on the 16th, so it will take up to 10 business days from then for the lease return kit to arrive. In the meantime here are the instructions for returning the equipment:

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041328-0001_a.pdf

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Does hughes net assist in removing the radio attenena? There is no way I could do that on my own.

Good morning retana003,

The instructions I linked does cover what to do if you need assistance de-installing the equipment. For questions or assistance hiring a professional installer to remove your HughesNet equipment, contact Hughes Customer Care at 1-866-347-3292.

No they do not. I removed my HugeNot dish myself. Luckily it was mounted where I could reach it with a step ladder and did not need to go on to the roof. I will NEVER return to or recommend their lousy internot service.

Hi poulson4,

If you are looking for instructions on how to remove a dish along with its mount, then you are correct, those instructions are not included as we only send you a box for returning your radio transmitter (a piece from the arm of the dish), the HughesNet modem and powercord. The actual reflector and mounting equipment is not required. 

Thank you,

Amanda

My answer “No they do not” was for the question asked if HughesNet assists in removing the dish/ antenna.

Thanks for clarifying your post, poulson4. We do offer assistance in deinstalling if it is requested.

Capture.JPG