Satellite speed vs wifi?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomaraki
Freshman

Satellite speed vs wifi?

Okay 3 days ago I contacted tech support about poor sateliite speeds:  1.3 down and .03 up......today it's 43 MBps Down and 1.3 MBps Up.  However my wifi is only doing about NIL/NIL.  I was told to wait for a call in 2 days......none yet?   No emails either.   I've been fighting  the wifi from HughesNet all along.  2.5 g drops in and out and then Says No Internet Connection.  5.g says No Internet Connection more than anything else and I'm sitting right by the router.  I need speed dudes, because I am trying to get my new iPhone 13 Pro Max ready to go into action.  And for 2 days I have been fighting the low internet on wifi which is the only way it will update the phone and aps from a backup I made from the old phone.   Something told me I should do it all in house but the proprietary AT&T and Spectrum won't allow it.   Needless to say it took from 8am to 12pm to get my iwatch re-connected!  And as far as downloading all my apps to my cell phone, 2 days and 2 nights, borrowed power and internet from Nieces home, offered to pay her, she refused me.  I've been her tech support guy for years.   Hughes net and Spectrum and AT&T have all exceeded my tolerance on high speed internet.  I guess I need to form my own Internet HUB, Add the servers I need.  And distribute CLEAN, CHRISTIAN, Internet and email.  Oh wait, Mr Trump is already doing that.  GAB has done it.  SO I guess my work here is done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jomaraki
Freshman

Okay, I found their phone call and returned the call and spoke with a very nice and knowlegable man who like me rides a motorcycle and he logged into my device (modem/router) and made adjustments and now I have better wifi speeds.  So once again my phone is doing it's thing and I have no problem.  Thanks and lets do this internet thing.  LOL

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jomaraki
Freshman

Okay, I found their phone call and returned the call and spoke with a very nice and knowlegable man who like me rides a motorcycle and he logged into my device (modem/router) and made adjustments and now I have better wifi speeds.  So once again my phone is doing it's thing and I have no problem.  Thanks and lets do this internet thing.  LOL