cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kafka
Sophomore

Signal Strength fade, now no connection

Hello. I need some assistance.

My signal strength has been rapidly falling over the last couple months.

After installation last summer, it was up around the mid 80's and everything worked OK.

Just over the last month or two it has been steadily falling, down to 70's, then 60's, then 50's, then 40's, then for several days it held at 31 and I had trouble using the internet connection. Now it has fallen below 30 which is near where the signal drops during rain/snow storms and I cannot connect at all.

This is a fairly remote location, I have no telephone service, and must rely on internet and email for connection to outside world. Right now I am writing from a cafe in a not-so-nearby small town.

Currently, and since yesterday around noon, there is a wildfire burning near my location and it is very smoky, so that may be why I am down to below 20 in signal strength and have no useable internet connection since yesterday afternoon. BUT the signal strength has been fading as I mentioned above and I think I need some technicnal assistance.

NOTE: My equipment is currently powered down. It will take me a few hours to get back and turn it back on. Could someone like Liz maybe take a look at it from the satellite end and help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Timeless technician has appeared and has fixed the problem(s). The Timeless technician was on time, was of a professional demeanor, and was well-equipped with an impressive array of tools on an awesome web-harness toolbelt that may have included a hovercraft function. Otherwise, he used my not-very-good ladder to get to the dish. Yay. The Timeless Communications technician deserves a gold star. I was impressed. Thanks, Liz

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Liz

Hello Kafka, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for reaching out, I checked out the available diagnostics on your site and I do see that the dish needs to be re-aligned. I'll dispatch a tech to address this for you. Our techs normally reach out before the visit to confirm the appointment, is the number on file, ending in 30, a cellphone number? I want to make sure your local dealer has a way to contact you before they send a tech. If there is another number at which you prefer to be contacted, please private message (PM) it to me. While I'm waiting on your response, please also let me know if you prefer morning or afternoon appointments, and if any days are out of the question for a visit.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz:

The number you have on file for me ending in 30 has been disconnected. I have no access to a telephone to receive calls on. I can only do email.

Can you have the tech email me? If it's the same person as who arranged for the install I might have a telephone number for him. I could call him from a cafe, then email him if necessary.

Afternoons are better. Any day is OK. ASAP is best. lol

Also, it is pretty dang smokey here. That wildfire just started yesterday. It might be difficult to re-align the dish until the wind blows the smoke away. I hope that happens pretty soon.

Let me know.

Thanks, Liz.

Sure thing, Kafka. I've sent you another PM. Be safe!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

OK, there weren't any slots available for me to select, so the assigned local dealer e-mail you to arrange an appointment date. For your reference, your case number for this is 114034072. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach back out in the community.

Great.

I await email from the technician.

Thanks again, Liz.

You're welcome, thanks for letting me know! I pulled up your account and looks like the local dealer was assigned last night; it is Timeless Communications!

Still waiting for email...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to call Timeless Communications yourself -- would save time. 

Hi Kafka,

I followed up on the dispatch notes and it looks like they tried emailing you at the email address you specified to me on July 25. Are you able to receive emails in general on that address? I'll see if I can get an email address for Timeless that you can use.

Liz:

I can and di receive emails on that account on a regular basis.

I will PM you with additional addresses... standby...

Liz:

I have sent an email to timeless.

Thanks for letting me know, Kafka, I'll let the installations department know as well that you've reached out.

Sent another email from a different account early afternoon, Thursday, 02 AUG 2018

Still awaiting a reply as of 10AM local time, Friday, 03 Aug 2018

Good morning Kafka, 

Thank you for the update, I've passed this along to the installations department so they're aware.

Hi Kafka,

Timeless has also being trying to e-mail all three of your addresses, not sure what's going on, but regardless, they will come out to your site Monday so we can take care of you. I asked if they have a time frame so once I hear back I'll let you know.

Liz:

Timeless has succeeded in sending me email. On all three accounts, no less.

Praise be to the gods of high tech internet web stuff and things.

Timeless has managed to fire off another email.

That does it. I'm buyng a lottery ticket.

Woo! Yes I was informed that you were able arrange something with Timeless. I'm so happy to hear it. Hope the visit goes well!

The Timeless technician has appeared and has fixed the problem(s). The Timeless technician was on time, was of a professional demeanor, and was well-equipped with an impressive array of tools on an awesome web-harness toolbelt that may have included a hovercraft function. Otherwise, he used my not-very-good ladder to get to the dish. Yay. The Timeless Communications technician deserves a gold star. I was impressed. Thanks, Liz