Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal going down for some reason

Associate Professor

Re: Signal going down for some reason

Distinguished Professor III

Ah.  I didn't know that.  Still, though, it wouldn't hurt to leave it powered, just in case they can get enough info to tell what's wrong (if it's not the modem, itself).  It might kill two birds with one stone.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

Will a technician come and replace the modem that we're currently currently using with a newer one? I just want to make sure on this.

@arceus213 wrote:

Will a technician come and replace the modem that we're currently currently using with a newer one? I just want to make sure on this.

No.  They'll ship you the new one.  It's pretty easy to replace.  Basically just connect it and power it up.    

I also don't think they need the old one back, but if they do they'll send a return shipping label so it doesn't cost you anything.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Okay.

Senior

Hello arceus213,

Thanks for posting. I am going to send you the HT1100 Modem to address your concerns. Please inform us, if you continue to experience this issue after you have received the new modem. Please check your private messages in the top right-hand corner, as I have sent you a message requesting some additional information that is needed to issue the dispatch. Thanks.

-Aedan
Senior

Hello arceus213,

Thank you for the prompt response. We have sent you a free replacement modem (HT1100). Please look out for it in a couple days. Thanks.

-Aedan
Sophomore

So we had got the modem either Tuesday or Wednesday. All was fine most of the week, until the low signal issue happened again a little bit ago. The only difference is that it occured for almost an hour.Capture.PNG

This was the downlink state code before it changed to 11.2.1 as shown in this picture:

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The uplink state code was 12.2.1. I had reset the modem to see if the problem was solved, but it still occured as shown in this picture:

Capture4.PNG

The current diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0027.

P.S. Forgot to say that the Modem's serial number is B3 0010751134 A3.

@arceus213

What just happened didn't just happen to you.  It did the same thing to me.  Everything is back up now.  

Something may have happened to the system and it reset to fix itself.  

Sophomore

Okay.