cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arceus213
Sophomore

Signal going down for some reason

Serial Number: B1-0005494030-A4

So we have another problem where the signal goes down very low. This has happened two days this week, during the night time hours. It is clear outside currently. Right now, I'm able to access the internet, but the signal could go low again. The current diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0027.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Aedan wrote:

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

Actually, the ethernet cable is connected from the Hughesnet HT1100 Modem to the Linksys E2500 wireless modem. Unfortunately, I wasn't at my home during the week, so there was no computer turned on at the time. Other than that, the internet is working fine right now.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Aedan

Ah.  Okay.  Thank you.  I figured it was something technical, as when it's been out due to a storm over the years it's acted a bit differently, with the signal strength being all over the place, and the system pretty much working immediately after that signal was back up to "strong enough", but not this time.  Plus, I know that my gateway is in Roseburg, OR, and there was nothing going on anywhere around there at the time.  

Oh, wait.  Can I get a three cent offset for the month, due to it being down for a half hour?  J/K!!!  😛

@Aedan wrote:

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

Actually, the ethernet cable is connected from the Hughesnet HT1100 Modem to the Linksys E2500 wireless modem. Unfortunately, I wasn't at my home during the week, so there was no computer turned on at the time. Other than that, the internet is working fine right now.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Even though they will assuredly replace it like Corrosive mentioned, it would be a good idea to leave your modem powered on Monday so they can run their diagnostics.  Even if it's not the modem, they will still replace it with a newer one, but the diagnostics could tell them where the problem may lie.