cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal going down for some reason

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Signal going down for some reason

This is what I saw.  Note that the signal strength went to the exact same level.  This was after resetting the modem in an attempt to fix it, which explains the low packet count.  I made sure to capture it just in case....

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

-Aedan
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

@Aedan

Ah.  Okay.  Thank you.  I figured it was something technical, as when it's been out due to a storm over the years it's acted a bit differently, with the signal strength being all over the place, and the system pretty much working immediately after that signal was back up to "strong enough", but not this time.  Plus, I know that my gateway is in Roseburg, OR, and there was nothing going on anywhere around there at the time.  

Oh, wait.  Can I get a three cent offset for the month, due to it being down for a half hour?  J/K!!!  Smiley Tongue

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

@Aedan wrote:

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

Actually, the ethernet cable is connected from the Hughesnet HT1100 Modem to the Linksys E2500 wireless modem. Unfortunately, I wasn't at my home during the week, so there was no computer turned on at the time. Other than that, the internet is working fine right now.