Spam emails increasing again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitaclay
Sophomore

Spam emails increasing again

The number of spam emails with have been increasing daily over the last few months. They usually have misspelled words, offer free prizes, and now often pertain to sexual disfunction. I had this problem in 2020 with hundreds of emails, and I do NOT want it to reach that degree again. I mark them as spam, but so far that has not helped.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully they'll be able to effect the same solution as with your prior spam email issue.

MarkJFine
Professor

I know it's no consolation, but there's been a rash of Online Pharmacy and Home Warranty spams for a few days now. Judging from where they are coming from it looks like there is some phone app malware out there that is sending it from all over the world. I've gotten 10 of them today already.

The only way to filter it completely is to block anything with those keywords in the subject.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Remy

nitaclay,

Thank you for reaching out! We've had this issue escalated to the proper department, and it's currently being looked into. In the meantime, we recommend trying out Mark's suggestion of blocking any keywords relating to these messages you're receiving!

Thanks,

Remy