State code 2.2.2 (aged odu)??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russyoung2676
Sophomore

State code 2.2.2 (aged odu)??

This message has been on a couple days now. I have the new gen 5. Currently my system is running great with download speeds of 25mbps but like I said currently! I have had intermittent issues with connectivity and speeds since I've signed up. Also I recently got dish network installed and the installer told me he installs huegesnet as well and my system has the wrong coax he states. The coax reads DIRECTV provision on it. Any suggestions? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amanda. The technition was able to fix the issue. He ended up putting a whole new system in. Thanks for all your help!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
russyoung2676
Sophomore

My speeds have now dropped to anywhere from 7-12mbps starting around 4:30 pm est. while running a speed test I noticed it stopping briefly so I did a connectivity test and have a 10% packet loss. Now the state code on the status screen that has been showing up consistently is gone now.

That's a new statecode, not sure what it means, tomorrow one of the moderators will need to perform remote diagnostics, and potentially send a technician out.

Can you please make sure to leave your modem on tomorrow, as well as make sure the cable connection on the back is snug?  It only needs to be hand tight, don't use a wrench.

Amanda

Hello russyoung2676,

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble with the new service. I need to run some tests on your system to confirm the 2.2.2 is the main issue before sending anyone out to replace equipment. I'll be back with you today to give an update. Your patience is appreciated.

Thank you

Amanda

Hi russyoung2676,

Thanks for waiting. After running diagnostics everything looks fine right now, but I do see historical logs of the 2.2.2 state code. I was able to review the installation photos from your Gen5 upgrade and see that the cabling does appear to be our standard cabling type. However, this state code is so rare I do believe a HughesNet technican should come out, inspect the outdoor unit and ensure that the mounting point is secure. 

Can you provide me an idea of your availability so that I may schedule the visit for you?

Amanda

Hi Amanda. Thanks for the quick response! I work 8-5 mon-fri. How early or late can a tech come? Saturday? I can leave work a little early need be or be a little late.

Hi russyoung2676,

I've created the order but coincidentally it looks like your local tech has the same schedule as you. I am working with our installations department here to see if we can get someone with a more flexible schedule. 

~Amanda

Ok sounds good, thanks.

russyoung2676

Please check your private messages shortly for scheduling options.

Thanks

Amanda

Hi russyoung2676

Just wanted to check in and see how everything went. I don't see state code 2.2.2 in your logs after the technician visit. Hope all is well now!

~Amanda

Hi Amanda. The technition was able to fix the issue. He ended up putting a whole new system in. Thanks for all your help!!

Amanda, is it possible to message you about a recurring billing problem we are having privately?  Thanks