System Light Out On Modem No Service Reboot Restores Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

System Light Out On Modem No Service Reboot Restores Service

Last week I started having service problems.I noticed the system light out on the modem.. When I rebooted the modem,I could restore service each time.. This has ocurred 4x now this week, tonite 10.4.19 at 8:10 Pm Pst.a reboot restored service again.

Is this a Hughes problem, or my modem ? Thanks

Oneyedcat.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Damian

Hello @ecoalex2,

Thank you for contacting us again. After running diagnostics, it appears your equipment is fully operational currently. I noticed that there has been heavy cloud coverage at your gateway location and I am certain this is what caused the intermittent connectivity. The system light corresponds with the modem's ability to establish a connection to the server. If these signals are interrupted by the weather, it can result in a failure to initialize. I also checked for underlying issues such as bad alignment or equipment malfunction reports and was unable to detect any remotely. I do see you're currently out of data, but you do not have enough devices connected to the network to warrant a disconnect from the service altogether. If you are still experiencing disconnections, however, please let me know.     

-Damian 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ecoalex2 

Might be your modem.  When the reps get back after the weekend they can run remote diagnostics to see if something sticks out to them.

Damian

Hello @ecoalex2,

Thank you for contacting us again. After running diagnostics, it appears your equipment is fully operational currently. I noticed that there has been heavy cloud coverage at your gateway location and I am certain this is what caused the intermittent connectivity. The system light corresponds with the modem's ability to establish a connection to the server. If these signals are interrupted by the weather, it can result in a failure to initialize. I also checked for underlying issues such as bad alignment or equipment malfunction reports and was unable to detect any remotely. I do see you're currently out of data, but you do not have enough devices connected to the network to warrant a disconnect from the service altogether. If you are still experiencing disconnections, however, please let me know.     

-Damian 

Thanks for your reply , the system light being off was new to me. I haven't had any more service problems of late.. When I am out of allowance I still have a very usable service for my needs, don't notice any problems. Thanks again 🙂

BeatnikCat.png

Hi ecoalex2. Just wanted to let you know that since Friday, my system light has been going out as well but it has been more frequent than yours. 4 or 5 times a day. I had been rebooting my modem but now notice it will correct itself if I leave it alone. I called tech support yesterday and as luck would have it, it disconnected twice while I was on the phone with her. She ran diagnostics and determined there is an issue based on the "state code" on my system and will have someone come on 10-9-19 to see what the problem is. She said it could be a hardware problem but now I wonder if it could be a gateway problem since you are having a similar issue. Please keep us posted if the problem continues on yours. Maybe that will help me on mine, Thanks

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is a solved issue.  If you have an issue that you would like addressed on this community, please start a new ticket by going to the Tech Support page and clicking on "Start a Topic."

It is likely that since this ticket has been solved, the mods will close it and no more replies will be accepted.

gary2 wrote:

Hi ecoalex2. Just wanted to let you know that since Friday, my system light has been going out as well but it has been more frequent than yours. 4 or 5 times a day. I had been rebooting my modem but now notice it will correct itself if I leave it alone. I called tech support yesterday and as luck would have it, it disconnected twice while I was on the phone with her. She ran diagnostics and determined there is an issue based on the "state code" on my system and will have someone come on 10-9-19 to see what the problem is. She said it could be a hardware problem but now I wonder if it could be a gateway problem since you are having a similar issue. Please keep us posted if the problem continues on yours. Maybe that will help me on mine, Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the technician will come tomorrow and find my problem. It's only happened once today so I'm hoping it was something on the other end.

@ecoalex2,

I am glad to hear things are back up and running normally. Please reach out again if you ever need assistance in the future. 

-Damian