This doesn't make any sense...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

This doesn't make any sense...

My new cycle starts in a few hours, and I knew I was cutting it close, but to go into Token mode while I still have little data left?  And it's still drawing from those 90MB.  How odd.

Screenshot (5).jpg

Capture.JPG

And, you can see that it used 2MB to create this topic and post the above to pictures, and the data was drawn from my Anytime/Service Plan Data, yet it says I'm in Token mode?  Again... odd.  

Screenshot (6).jpg

I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it's drawing from the data tokens, too, as if it is, it's double dipping, so to speak. Granted, it may be hard to tell, with the tokens only being broken down by tenths of a GB and having less than a tenth of a GB of Anytime/Service Plan data left.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Damian

Hello @GabeU,

This issue is strange indeed. I have seen this before a few other times and it seems that the token message is displayed a little early when you are extremely close to being out of data, despite it not actually using your tokens at that time. If you look at your data percentage, it is registering as 0% even though you did indeed have 88 MB remaining. When the system sees 0%, it starts the process for switching you into your tokens or Bonus Zone depending on the time, however, this can activate the token message if your bonus zone is also close to being used or the systems detects 0% data left. It is sort of like the visuals are predictive and unfortunately, this can cause the message to linger. If you notice both your Service Plan Data and your tokens are actually being used at the same time, I will escalate this case immediately to be investigated and fixed. More than likely, this is a visual issue of the system not recognizing that there is still an incremental amount of data left. Please update me on what you find on your side, as our remote diagnostics show that only your Service Plan Data is being used currently.

-Damian 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Damian

Hello @GabeU,

This issue is strange indeed. I have seen this before a few other times and it seems that the token message is displayed a little early when you are extremely close to being out of data, despite it not actually using your tokens at that time. If you look at your data percentage, it is registering as 0% even though you did indeed have 88 MB remaining. When the system sees 0%, it starts the process for switching you into your tokens or Bonus Zone depending on the time, however, this can activate the token message if your bonus zone is also close to being used or the systems detects 0% data left. It is sort of like the visuals are predictive and unfortunately, this can cause the message to linger. If you notice both your Service Plan Data and your tokens are actually being used at the same time, I will escalate this case immediately to be investigated and fixed. More than likely, this is a visual issue of the system not recognizing that there is still an incremental amount of data left. Please update me on what you find on your side, as our remote diagnostics show that only your Service Plan Data is being used currently.

-Damian 

GabeU

@Damian 

So far I haven't seen any deduction of Data Tokens, but again, it's in tenths of a GB, which is more than I have left of Anytime Data.  But, of course, because it rounds up, I have somewhere between 33.99 and 33.90GB of token data.  As of right now, at 11:33PM, I have 23MB of Anytime Data remaining.  I'm trying to eke it out for another 26+ minutes, at which time my new data cycle starts.  Talk about cutting it close!  😛  

I'm keeping an eye on it.  

GabeU

@Damian 

I made it!!!  🙂  

Capture.JPG

BTW, I didn't know this, but when checking with my phone, using its own data so I didn't further draw down my HughesNet data (I also disconnected the LAN cable from my computer for the last 25 minutes before midnight, just to be sure), I found that it showed the token data as 33.89GB, and it stayed that way, so no Token Data was used.  And it shows as 33.9GB in the other places due to rounding up.  

So, it's definitely a strange anomaly, but I understand it, and again, in the end, no Token data was used.  🙂 

Now, if I could just calm down with my PlayOn Cloud usage my data would be fine.  😛  

maratsade

Gabe made it!Gabe made it!

@GabeU wrote:

I made it!!!  🙂  

@GabeU,

I'm glad you were able to make it to the data reset and that your token data and Service Plan Data were not being used simultaneously. I do apologize for the confusion. I will be passing along a message to see if this is something we can make reflect more accurately. 

-Damian