Transmit/Uplink errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Transmit/Uplink errors

Been getting errors on transmit side, trying to determine if on my side or the satellite/gateway side. Did a reboot so lost the previous hours history. Believe it has been going on for at least 12 hours though. System seems to be working OK though. Thanks.

Summary.JPGHourly.JPGBIST.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning BirdDog,

Yes, I've also noticed since yesterday that your diagnostics showing your current status look fine, however, another set of diagnostics we use show a slow, but steady decline in your alignment over the past months, so I figure we get that straightened out before it gets worse.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Liz

Hi BirdDog,

Thanks for posting, glad to hear your system is still working in spite of things. Your diagnostics do show your dish needs a re-alignment, do you want me to dispatch a tech to your site? If so, let me know when works best for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Liz wrote:

Hi BirdDog,

Thanks for posting, glad to hear your system is still working in spite of things. Your diagnostics do show your dish needs a re-alignment, do you want me to dispatch a tech to your site? If so, let me know when works best for you.

Thanks @Liz, will make what you setup work. Let me know date/time. Appreciate the help.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hey Birddog, are you perhaps trying to upload or sync anything?  I have seen at random times where a terminal will have that issue if you are trying to upload a fair amount of data during prime-time hours on Legacy ES-17... Just a thought.. >.>

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Hey Birddog, are you perhaps trying to upload or sync anything?  I have seen at random times where a terminal will have that issue if you are trying to upload a fair amount of data during prime-time hours on Legacy ES-17... Just a thought.. >.>

Nope, barely upload at all. Probably most I upload is screenshots here.

latest.JPG

Hi BirdDog, 

Thanks for letting me know. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, Oct 16, 2017 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM . Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #106748948 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Thanks Liz, much appreciated.

Must be off just enough to throw the error as system still working, possibly just a tad slower but still do everything normally. Will let you know how the visit goes.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hi again @Liz, since yesterday afternoon the errors have stopped and everything is green now. Don't know what to think, maybe something transitory. Could you take another look and see if you think a visit is still necessary? Thanks.

Good morning BirdDog,

Yes, I've also noticed since yesterday that your diagnostics showing your current status look fine, however, another set of diagnostics we use show a slow, but steady decline in your alignment over the past months, so I figure we get that straightened out before it gets worse.

-Liz

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

OK, you're the boss. Smiley Wink

Thanks again!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good morning (afternoon your time) @Liz, the tech just left and dish was a bit off so he tweaked it and signal up about 10 points. I'm sure it fixed the problem so I will mark as solved. Tim from TSC Digital a very nice and professional guy.

Thank you again!

dfbeck
Junior

I have the same problem and it's so intermittant that I finally canceled the tech call they had on hold for me. Can't dianose a problem that isn't occurring. Did you get a chance to see the log before it was erased? Did it have a number of 5, 10, 20, second uplink errors? I'll be interested to see if re-aligning the dish makes a difference. Mine has been re-aligned twice in the last 6 months and the modem has been swapped once. I hope that takes care of it for you.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@dfbeck wrote:

I have the same problem and it's so intermittant that I finally canceled the tech call they had on hold for me. Can't dianose a problem that isn't occurring. Did you get a chance to see the log before it was erased? Did it have a number of 5, 10, 20, second uplink errors? I'll be interested to see if re-aligning the dish makes a difference. Mine has been re-aligned twice in the last 6 months and the modem has been swapped once. I hope that takes care of it for you.

Sorry I missed your question earlier. Don't know what the log showed for duration each time but there were numerous red x's for uplink and overall state code was going from good to 12.1.9 - a transmit problem has occurred.

Awesome, glad to hear it BirdDog!

It's not a big deal on the log, more curiousity than anything. I don't know if the log is responding to what I was seeing. The long wait times on uploads has disappeared for the most part. Glad to see they got your issue corrected. Hope it stays.