cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Unable to log into email system

Hello,

My wife and I are unable to log into our email accounts at Hughes.net. It keeps asking us for password verification. This is for both our email accounts which are separate. Also, this is a problem from both our computer and our phones. Therefore, we believe the problem is at Hughes. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know what is going on? This started yesterday. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning folks,

Thanks so much for posting in here and especially to anyone who contacted us via phone/chat/email over the weekend so our engineers could hop on the issue quickly. According to the reports, I'm glad to see that this was resolved by Saturday evening. If you still have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out again!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I tried logging in and got this error message:

"We're sorry, the system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

If you continue to experience problems, please contact Customer Support."

I waited a few minutes and tried again and it worked.   Could you try again? If it still doesn't work you may want to call the 24/7 Customer Support number and report the issue. It may be a regional outage. 

Dbrown88
New Poster

I am having the same issue.  This started yesterday.  Always saying invalid usernname or password.  I know both are correct.  I contacted Hughesnet chat agent and they were no help and even closed the chat after they reset my password without my permission.  

maratsade

There's obviously a problem somewhere, and reporting it could help, but if you feel you're not getting help from the phone or chat reps, then your next choice is to wait for the reps on this site to come back on Monday.  You could also try reporting it on HughesNet's social media sites, but they may not have reps on weekends either. 

Maybe try calling the phone number and reporting the issue. Don't ask them to help you with it, just tell them you're reporting it.  That might help and if many people call to report, they will know there is an issue and might kick it up the chain to the email techs. 

Dbrown88 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  This started yesterday.  Always saying invalid usernname or password.  I know both are correct.  I contacted Hughesnet chat agent and they were no help and even closed the chat after they reset my password without my permission.  

Having the same issue. Seem to be giving money to Hughes and having nothing but issues with email and also voice service cuts out way too often while talking on the phone. As far as email, I set up my email in my fire tablet and worked fine until today. If we can't have this issue fixed on weekends then this is just not acceptable. Keeps telling me to enter my Hughes password, which is futile as it tells me my password is not correct. Not true, I entered it numerous times with the same message. Incorrect password. Get with it "Customer Service" and I use that term loosely.

maratsade

Yeah, the password thing is probably part of whatever issue is going on.  As you can see, other people are having issues, and it's not that the password is wrong.  

Yes, there's repairs on weekends. What's not here in this site is the customer service reps, since they work M-F during business hours.  The phone reps are on 24/7.  Try reporting the issue to them (and don't let them change your password, as that isn't the issue).  Just tell them you're reporting an outage. They may say they haven't heard there's an outage. Just tell them that's fine, you're just reporting one.  Only so much you can do. 

@RonBrown48 wrote:

Having the same issue. Seem to be giving money to Hughes and having nothing but issues with email and also voice service cuts out way too often while talking on the phone. As far as email, I set up my email in my fire tablet and worked fine until today. If we can't have this issue fixed on weekends then this is just not acceptable. Keeps telling me to enter my Hughes password, which is futile as it tells me my password is not correct. Not true, I entered it numerous times with the same message. Incorrect password. Get with it "Customer Service" and I use that term loosely.

prsmart
Sophomore

Don't know what the problem is, but I'm having it too. Says password invalid, but it's correct. Started yesterday afternoon.

maratsade

Prsmart, Did you report the issue to phone support? The more people that report it, the more they will move in the direction of asking someone to fix it.  Neither the chat or phone reps can fix this, but they should be informed it's happening. 

prsmart wrote:

Don't know what the problem is, but I'm having it too. Says password invalid, but it's correct. Started yesterday afternoon.

scroggon

I am also unable to log into email system.

maratsade

Have you tried reporting this to the customer service line? Nothing can be done on this site until Monday at the earliest. 

@scroggon wrote:

I am also unable to log into email system.

RobertOder
Junior

We are having the exact same problem.  Both my wife and I.  We have separate email acounts and we get the same message.  

Whats up?  Can somebody from Tech Support help?

Robert

Same here! Was intermittent, now it's all the time....

maratsade

they're aware of the issue, investigating it. Still no ETA for a fix.

@mtviewkm wrote:

Same here! Was intermittent, now it's all the time....

Yes. Same here, no access through any phone app or email app on pc. Of course I can access via hughesnet website after all the ads & such load but all i need is email not banners.

maratsade

Gotcha.  The issue seems to be with HughesNet not playing nicely with those apps, at least not this weekend. They're trying to fix it. 

You may want to think about adding an ad-blocker to your browser. 

GabeU

@dunnavant wrote:

Of course I can access via hughesnet website after all the ads & such load but all i need is email not banners.

You should install an ad blocker in your browser.  

Hey Gabe:

Nice to see you are still here.  Same old problem...  Cannot log in with a client.  I can nget my email from the webmail application, but my whol;e office is tangled up while we await the fix.  Too bad thay cannot seem to come up with a permanent fix.

Robert O.

maratsade

Robert, the HughesNet reps are not here during the weekend and won't see these reports until Monday. Your best bet is to report the issue to customer support, at 866-347-3292. 

Hopefully someone's already fixing this. 

@RobertOder wrote:

We are having the exact same problem.  Both my wife and I.  We have separate email acounts and we get the same message.  

Whats up?  Can somebody from Tech Support help?

Robert

yes, I know.  it looks as thought the problem has been reported.  same old thing.  happens every few months.  take care!

Robert

maratsade

--

maratsade

Are you all trying to access email by using an app or by using the email link at the top of the community's pages?  

Seems the issue may be with third-party apps.  If you're trying to access email with an app (like, say, Outlook or Firebird), try going directly by clicking "My Email" at the top of the community's pages.