Usage Meter History

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slym
Sophomore

Usage Meter History

When I open the usage meter and go to usage history, I get an error:  "Whoops! Internal Server Error. Contact HughesNet support."

This is the first time in a very long time that I've actually tried to look at the history, so I have no idea when this started, or if this part of the app ever worked.  I have the latest version of the meter installed.
Does anyone else have this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@slym 

This can occasionally pop up.  It's some type of glitch.  

A couple of things you can try are first, exiting the Usage Meter and restarting it.  You can exit it either through Task Manager, or by right clicking on the Meter's green ring on the taskbar and clicking Exit.  Then, click on the icon for the Meter to start it again.  You can do so either on your desktop or in your list of programs.  

The second thing to try is power cycling the modem.  To do so, turn off your computer, then unplug the HughesNet modem.  Wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully ready, turn your computer back on.  After the computer is fully up and ready, try the meter again. 

If neither of these things help, please reply to let us know.  The reps can then try some things to get it working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU

@slym 

This can occasionally pop up.  It's some type of glitch.  

A couple of things you can try are first, exiting the Usage Meter and restarting it.  You can exit it either through Task Manager, or by right clicking on the Meter's green ring on the taskbar and clicking Exit.  Then, click on the icon for the Meter to start it again.  You can do so either on your desktop or in your list of programs.  

The second thing to try is power cycling the modem.  To do so, turn off your computer, then unplug the HughesNet modem.  Wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully ready, turn your computer back on.  After the computer is fully up and ready, try the meter again. 

If neither of these things help, please reply to let us know.  The reps can then try some things to get it working again.

@GabeU- restarting the modem did the trick.  Thank you.

But I'm disappointed in that I couldn't see further back than 1 month ago.  Is there any way to find out what the max we've used each month for a longer time span?  The reason I'm asking is our promo just ran out, and the price jumped up $30 a month.  We have the 50 Gb plan, but I wondering if we dropped down to the 30 Gb plan, we'd be covered well enough.

GabeU

@slym 

You're very welcome.  🙂  

Regarding your question, unfortunately, no.  And the MyAccount site usage history shows the same thing, with it only being through the prior month.  

With this said, though I've never seen anything to indicate that they can do so, the reps might be able to see further back in order to be able to give you an indication of whether the 30GB plan would be large enough.  I'll tag a couple of reps just in case they can do this, though with them not normally being on during the weekend it will likely not be until at least Monday that one would reply.  

@Liz 

@Damian 

@GabeU- Thanks.  I'm thinking that we'd be okay with 30 Gb, but it would be nice to know how often we come close to that lower limit if possibe.