cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Re: Usage meter javascript error

@MarkJFine

Not sure either, but I am pushing for some resolution based on the fact that I've never really seen another program break every time a hard shutdown occurs. 

Senior Instructor

@Amanda

Well, if anyone needs me to jump in and squash it, let me know.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

All I know is... This has been around for 2 years now, and it gets REALLY annoying when a proper shutdown isn't performed... Sometimes I get a hard lock on my computer while gaming, and bleh!

Highlighted
New Poster

Not knowing my way around pc's this article was very helpful and my meter icon is back.

Tags (1)
Distinguished Professor III

@snoopy13

I'm glad it was helpful and that your usage meter is working for you again.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi all,

Quick update - This issue has been pushed further up the chain and I'm hopeful to have some tangible progress soon. In the meantime please do not forget we offer a free HughesNet mobile app for Android & iOS! You can check your data anytime, anywhere using the HughesNet app while I wrangle this for y'all Smiley Happy

Get out your party hats. The devs replicated the issue, found the source of the cause (corruption from power loss occurring at the same time as meter and modem talk to each other)  and are just confirming a couple of things before they get to work on a patch. 

I really want to thank everyone who has reported the issue and kept it front and center, gave us a variety of examples and situations and the workaround fix! I'd especially like to thank @GabeU for donating his time to me and our developers in an effort to get this fixed once and for all.

Amanda

Happy to help.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Mic check.. 1, 2... is this thing on? Smiley Happy Not sure if anyone is still subscribed to this thread, but if you are, I just wanted to give a small update. I received notice that the fix has been developed and just needs a couple of bugs squashed before it is released. Right now it is in early alpha testing, but I may need to recruit some volunteers in the future to beta the update with the devs. I will keep updating this thread as I receive them.

-Amanda

@Amanda wrote:

Mic check.. 1, 2... is this thing on? Smiley Happy Not sure if anyone is still subscribed to this thread, but if you are, I just wanted to give a small update. I received notice that the fix has been developed and just needs a couple of bugs squashed before it is released. Right now it is in early alpha testing, but I may need to recruit some volunteers in the future to beta the update with the devs. I will keep updating this thread as I receive them.

-Amanda

Sign me up.  Smiley Happy