New Poster

Re: Usage meter javascript error

Thank you so much!  It worked!

Tags (1)
Freshman

I think you're talking to me and if so you're welcome  Smiley Happy

Updating java and deleting the hughes net meter folder from (C:\Users\Usernamehere\AppData\Roaming) your appdata folder worked for me.

Distinguished Professor III

Didn't know this thread existed.  Had the same problem over the weekend when my power blipped because of a storm.  The computer immediately restarted, but then I started getting this error, having never encountered it before.  

I eventually fixed the problem, though I ended up doing a couple of extra things that, it turns out, I didn't need to do. 

I wish I had happened onto this thread sooner.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

@eric30110 wrote:

Updating java and deleting the hughes net meter folder from (C:\Users\Usernamehere\AppData\Roaming) your appdata folder worked for me.

Good info, I had to do this recently myself but didn't post it here. Good that you did.

Freshman

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have the folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter.  It worked fine until the other day.  Seems my Hughenet folder is under C:/Program Files, and it won't allow me to delete it.  I've done the Java uninstall and reinstall and the same with the usage meter.  Nothing seems to work.

Associate Professor

Guys... Java it self has nothing to do with Javascript...  It that is the case, very few websites would work right now seeing as Java doesn't work in most browsers anymore.

@Darryl

Replace "Username" with the name of the account your loging into the computer with.

Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Guys... Java it self has nothing to do with Javascript...  It that is the case, very few websites would work right now seeing as Java doesn't work in most browsers anymore.

@Darryl

Replace "Username" with the name of the account your loging into the computer with.

True, don't know if updating Java is necessary but did it anyway. I still have Java installed in Windows but the browsers I use don't support it anymore. Probably just deleting the folder mentioned is the real fix.

Sophomore

@Darryl

As mentioned, you need to replace 'Username' with your actual username.  But there are also other reasons you might not have such a directory.  Easiest thing to do is just type %AppData% in Windows Explorer, which will take you straight there regardless of how your machine or user account is set up.

Freshman

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

For some reason my AppData folder was hidden, so I typed in the command that you gave me, which brought me to my AppData folder.  Deleted the folder in question and now my status meter is working.  Again, Thanks.