VLAN support on HT2000w Gen 5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirijaz
Freshman

VLAN support on HT2000w Gen 5?

I'm setting up a guest wifi portal for my system which uses Unifi swtich and Unifi access points.  HT2000w >> Unifi swtich 8-150w >> access points.  I have Unifi Controller application running on a connected laptop 24/7.

I would like the guest portal to be set-up as a VLAN using the Unifi Controller.  But I'm told on the Unifi forum that "the router must support VLAN".  Is that the case and does the HT2000w support VLAN?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure why the router must support vlans if you have a higher end switch? 

I suspect the Unifi swtich 8-150w is a Layer 2 switch, and not Layer 3 capable?  If that is the case, then you're actually probably still gonna have to buy a third party router that supports vlans... The HT2000w from what I can find, doesn't handle vlans.

View solution in original post

pswired
Junior

No VLAN support on the HT2000W. You'll need to configure your guest SSID to be on the same VLAN as your main network (the Unifi APs will isolate guests from the LAN through filtering in the AP if you enable that feature) or add a better router downstream of the HT2000W.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure why the router must support vlans if you have a higher end switch? 

I suspect the Unifi swtich 8-150w is a Layer 2 switch, and not Layer 3 capable?  If that is the case, then you're actually probably still gonna have to buy a third party router that supports vlans... The HT2000w from what I can find, doesn't handle vlans.

pswired
Junior

No VLAN support on the HT2000W. You'll need to configure your guest SSID to be on the same VLAN as your main network (the Unifi APs will isolate guests from the LAN through filtering in the AP if you enable that feature) or add a better router downstream of the HT2000W.