Very Disappointed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronhirth
New Poster

Very Disappointed

My wifi box had a malfunction and when i called it took them a week to come out. The very next nught the box cut out again. At 1030 that morningit came back on. I shouldbt of had to wait over a week for my services. I am going to switch providers
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi ronhirth

I'm so very sorry about the inconvenience and if someone hasn't provided you credit for your time without service, I would be more than happy to do that for you. Also, since this happened twice in a row, there could be an underlying root cause we need to dig into. Please let me know if something happens again and I'll get right on it.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

Hi Ron,

Thank you for letting me know. I will provide a credit to your account now and send you a private message with confirmation. 

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sometimes a week is the fastest they can get to you -- and much as no one likes to wait, sometimes you just have to act like a grownup and deal.

If you want to switch providers, then switch providers. That's your right, and there's no need to announce it, and it won't make them send you a tech faster.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

ronhirth wrote:
My wifi box had a malfunction and when i called it took them a week to come out. The very next nught the box cut out again. At 1030 that morningit came back on. I shouldbt of had to wait over a week for my services. I am going to switch providers

Hi ronhirth

I'm so very sorry about the inconvenience and if someone hasn't provided you credit for your time without service, I would be more than happy to do that for you. Also, since this happened twice in a row, there could be an underlying root cause we need to dig into. Please let me know if something happens again and I'll get right on it.

Thanks,

Amanda

I was suppossed tp have credi for the days wiyh no wifi there isnt any credit on the bill

Hi Ron,

Thank you for letting me know. I will provide a credit to your account now and send you a private message with confirmation. 

Thanks,

Amanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ronhirth wrote:

Please keep in mind that you can purchase Express Repair, which includes getting a service tech out to you by the second business day or the next business day, depending on the plan you choose, if it's determined that a tech visit is required.  

http://support.hughesnet.com/faq/optionalservices/express-repair

@ronhirth wrote:
............................... I shouldbt of had to wait over a week for my services. I am going to switch providers

I learned a long time ago, not to depend on provider recommended tech companies.  My original Hughes installation was done through Hughes by a tech company located over 75 miles away from my house.  I later found a tech company about 20 miles away that's much better.  They usually come on the same day or at least the next day after I call.

Maybe you just need to look around and find a new tech company.  Switching providers ( if even possible ) may not help, because you could actually end up with the same sorry tech company you have now.  For example, the company I use now does Dishtv, Directv, Hughes, Viasat, et al.  I don't even call the provider if I'm having trouble, I call them first.