Voice Issues Problems Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onetechy
Freshman

Voice Issues Problems Service

Let me start by saying I understand VOIP has inherent issues, drop outs, echo, poor quality at times, calls dropping etc.  What I have been experiencing for the past month is that I lose service for Voice only  randomly days at a time and I must reset the Voice modem by power cycling to restore service for my phone which is a Panasonic wireless base station.  I have had Voice since Nov 2017 this latest problem is not acceptable since I have no clue if my service is working or not until I try to make a call then I get a constant beep when I attempt to make a call.  Incoming calls won't come through which is great for avoiding phone scams but there are people I want to be able to call us.  Something has changed and not on my end.  Is there a recommended list of phones  to  use?  Could my cell phone service cause issues?  Do I need a replacment Voice modem? HELP  I will need to look for a new phone provider if this can't be solved soon  .       I have no complaint with internet.   Smiley Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi onetechy, I haven't heard back from you. I hope everything is well! I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but feel free to start a new thread should you have any other questions or concerns we can address!

Thank you.

-Brooke

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@onetechy

When you have the issue try power cycling the HughesNet modem (and router, if you have one), as well.  

1.  Unplug the ATA (Voice unit).  

2.  Unplug the router (if you have one).  

3.  Unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet or power pack, NOT at the back of the modem.  

4.  Check to make sure your cables are well connected.  

5.  Wait for at least 30 seconds after unplugging the HughesNet modem, then plug the modem back in.

6.  Wait for about five minutes so that the HughesNet modem is fully back up and running, then plug in the router (if you have one).

7.  Wait for the router to be fully back up and running (usually a minute or two), then plug in the ATA.  

8.  I don't have an ATA, so I don't know if it takes time to be fully powered up, but if it does, wait that time, then try your phone again.  

I don't know for sure that this will help, but it may.  I'll tag the reps, as well, so that they can reply and do what they need to do.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Edit:  I don't believe your cell phone is causing any of the issues, but the rep can tell you for sure.  

I will give it a try

Brooke
Alum

Hi onetechy, welcome to the community and thanks for posting!  @GabeU pretty much read my mind 🙂

Let us know how it goes. If you still have troubles, we'll continue to address the issue.

-Brooke

So far all is normal.  My home network has a few access points and a 12 camera security system attached.

Glad to hear! Thanks for keeping us updated. 

-Brooke

Hey onetechy, I hope you haven't had any further issues. Since I haven't heard from you, I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you ever need assistance! 

Thank you.

-Brooke

I experienced loss of phone service August 31st.  Did the reset procedure once again.  Basically I must check that I have phone service every day.  Not very reliable if I have to do this all the time. 

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds like the internet connection is intermittent and causing your phone service to drop. I pulled up your account and see you have a bad alignment currently, so I'm setting you up with a free technician visit to address these concerns. I've placed you on our earliest schedule available and you'll receive either a call or text to confirm your appointment, or you can reschedule if needed. 

Let me know how the visit goes and if it improves your service! 

-Brooke

Update    - Service Tech came today and did a realignment he indicated it was definitely needed, so lets see how that works out. Thanks Brooke! Will give another update if all goes well in the coming week.

Sounds great. Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

-Brooke

Hi onetechy, I haven't heard back from you. I hope everything is well! I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but feel free to start a new thread should you have any other questions or concerns we can address!

Thank you.

-Brooke