You are not on a valid gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sli-er_15
Sophomore

You are not on a valid gateway

I've been trying to view our FAP for the last few days with my iPhone and my Mac using both Safari and Firefox web browsers. On each one I've been getting a "You are not on a valid gateway" message for "Usage" in my account. Prior to a few days ago I could log in to my acount > Usage > Buy tokens > to see if I still have FAP or not. I can't view how much FAP is left in 192.xxx.x..x because there is no link to show the percentage graph anymore. The only way is to sign in to my account online and see if my FAP is ok or not, no graph there either to show how much I've used up and how much I have left. It just shows it's either ok or not. Anyone know how I can get back on a valid gateway so I could see if I have FAP or not and use a token if my FAP is out?
YIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello sli-er,

The engineers have fixed the purchase tokens part, can you please confirm on your end?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Thanks for posting. Is this issue persisting today? Can you please send me screenshots of the usage meter you're seeing in My Account, as well as in your System Control center at 192.xxx?

I'd like to get confirmation as to what usage monitoring tools we currently have available to our legacy customers.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,
I've attached the screenshots you requested. The meter in my account, that's now showing the error, used to show 100% whether I used up all our FAP or not. From there I used to click on a "Buy or renew tokens" button where I'd input my DSS# and zip code to get a popup page that shows my FAP was either still OK or used up, no graph there to see how much FAP we currently have or used up. The usage meter in the System Control Center disappeared when the TCP acceleration was disabled earlier this year. There is no link to the usage meter on the left side of the window anymore, it used to be there with the "Home", "Problem Troubleshooting", "Detailed Problem Statistics" etc. links. The "Fair Access Policy Threshold Exceeded" has been "Unknown" ever since the TCP acceleration was disabled. Sometime an OK is listed when the free download period starts up at night.Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 1.18.46 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 1.19.58 PM.jpeg

Thanks for these, this helps. I'll escalate to see what your available options are for checking usage. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

-Liz

You're welcome and thank you too, Liz.

You're welcome, our folks are looking into this now.

-Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Thank you for your patience while this is investigated. There are several people still looking into this so that's the only update I have so far. I'll keep you posted. 

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

Thank you Liz. The error is now "We cannot communicate with your gateway at this time" when I tried to view our usage. Any chance I can get back my data usage monitor in my modem at the same time? 

Hi Liz,

Somethings happening. Sort of. The usage now shows "Please wait while we retrieve your information...". That's it, no usage grapg comes up.Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.32.40 PM.jpeg

Good morning sli-er_15,

Thank you for this update and screenshot, I'll share it with the engineers to let them know. I'll post back once I have any other news for you.

-Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Thank you for your patience, I've pinged our engineers for an update on your case. I'll let you know once I have any news to share.

-Liz

Hi sli-er_15,

Thank you so much for your continued patience as the devs work on this. They've identified what may be causing all this and we've tested some potential fixes. We're getting closer. I'll let you know once I have any new news for you.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

Thank you, Liz for the update. I just looked online to find a new page to view/buy tokens. It still shows 100% whether I've been online for a while or not. I don't know how much of our FAP is available via the online usage meter or the one that's not in my modem anymore. I've attached screenshots of what I currently have. The Historical Usage has "no data available" when I looked in the tab. Hopefully the techs can "fix" the usage meter that's online atleast, so I can view how much FAP i available at any given time. Thanks again.Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.52.20 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.53.03 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.53.24 PM.jpeg

Hello Liz,

Our FAP ran out yesterday. The usage meter was showing "100% Remaining", as usual.. I tried redeeming a token but nothing happened when I hit the "Redeem" button. A few minutes later when nothing happened I called our dealer to see if our FAP renewed, just in case it might've went through without a notification. Our FAP was still out according to the dealer so we had him redeem a token for me. 
I also don't see where it shows whether our FAP has run out or not in the new format. In the old format it was either OK or not. I'd appreciate if I can view how much of our 475MB FAP is left like it used to show in our modem.

I accessed my account via my iPhone using data because our internet being throttled is really, really slow. Attached is a screenshot of the current meter at the time our FAP ran out.IMG_1405.jpg

Thank you for this update sli-er_15, I haven't received any new news from our engineers so it's likely they are still working on this. I'll let you know once they're done or require additional info from you.

Thanks,

Liz

Hello sli-er_15,

Thanks for patiently waiting while our engineers worked on this. This should be fixed, can you please check and let me know? If there's still something amiss when you log in, please share a screenshot.

-Liz

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately it's not fixed. It actually reverted back to "You are not on a valid gateway" error. 😞

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 12.21.39 PM.jpeg

Oh dear, thank you for this update and screenshot, I'll send this back to our engineers.

-Liz

You're welcome. I'll be patiently waiting. Thank you too, Liz. 

Hi sli-er_15,

Thank you again for your patience. Can you please check now? The engineers tell me this is fixed.

-Liz

Hello Liz,

Thank you for the update. Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 10.41.28 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 10.42.59 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 10.50.20 AM.jpegI checked lastnight but forgot to take screenshots so, I loogged in again a while ago. The meter is still showing 100% Remaining, both now and lastnight. The historical usage has no data available and last night the Purchase Token tab was empty, no Token, Price, Quantity or Action. Today I couldn't get it to load for some reason. So, if my tokens run out I don't think I am able to buy anymore since there is no choice of how many, 1 or 3, tokens I can buy.
I would really, really have some way to see how much of my 475MB FAP is available at any given time rather than not knowing and have it run out on us.