e mail not loading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stargate7
Sophomore

e mail not loading

the last few days i have been having problems with my e mail loading on the hughes web site, just says loading but never comes up! Are they having a problem with it? Do i need to give you another email address so you  can get back with me or will you be able to do it here, Never mind it would be a reply here! My Bad u have got to excuse me had a tiring day. Thanks ahead of time! 

stargate7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@stargate7 

Two things I would try...

1.  Clear your Chrome browser cache, then close all open browser windows.  Then open a new browser window and try your email again.  

If that doesn't work, do the following...

1.  Clear your Chrome browser cache, then close all browser windows. 

2.  Unplug the HughesNet modem from the power outlet.

3.  Bring up the Command prompt.  Type, without the quotes, "ipconfig /flushdns", then hit enter.  And yes, there is a space between the g and /.  

4.  After the flush completes, close the Command prompt and shut down your computer.

5.  Plug the HughesNet modem back in.

6.  After waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the HughesNet modem time to be fully up and ready, start your computer and try accessing your email again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

Have you tried loading your email using a different browser? 

Yes sir, tried with Google, same thing just keeps trying to load but never does! Any other suggestions! 

maratsade

OK, so you've tried with Chrome browser, and also others? I would try using the incognito mode in Chrome next. You could also clear the cache and cookies to see if that's what's messing up access. 

GabeU

@stargate7 

Two things I would try...

1.  Clear your Chrome browser cache, then close all open browser windows.  Then open a new browser window and try your email again.  

If that doesn't work, do the following...

1.  Clear your Chrome browser cache, then close all browser windows. 

2.  Unplug the HughesNet modem from the power outlet.

3.  Bring up the Command prompt.  Type, without the quotes, "ipconfig /flushdns", then hit enter.  And yes, there is a space between the g and /.  

4.  After the flush completes, close the Command prompt and shut down your computer.

5.  Plug the HughesNet modem back in.

6.  After waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the HughesNet modem time to be fully up and ready, start your computer and try accessing your email again.

Hey there guys, well i dont know what happened some how it is up and working now, i gotten a little frustrated, i jerked everything out of the wall threw on the floor a couple of time, plug everything back in and wahla its back to working! lol just kiding,, Although i did not try what you suggested but i will save this procedure for the next time something like this happes, i dont know i guess it fix itself! By the way i do every thing on Microsoft Edge, iam curious about one thing though every now and again i get a pop up that says "my hughes.net is out of date" regarding my email iam guessing! I dont know, at least its all working now. But i want to seriously thank you guys for the great response and work that yall do, it is very vert to find help like yall give! IF i ever need i any help i  will be back!  

Thanks again   stargate7

maratsade

We forgot to add: if nothing works, kick the modem around a few times. LOL

Good to hear you can get to your email again!

LOL yep Any time i get info on a potential fix for something yall suggest, i copy and paste and print out. i have a binder i put these in just in case, i have rarely had to use them but it kinda keeps me from bothering yall and helps me know a little more! Again thanks yall have a great day and (i dont know where your at) but donw here in Texas it raining and cool! 

Have a good one! 

stargate7

maratsade

Excellent idea about the binder.  As for weather, it's cool, windy, and overcast here. Expecting rain, too. 

GabeU

@stargate7 

I'm glad it's up and working again.  Hopefully it was just some sort of temporary glitch and you don't see it again.  

I'm not really sure what the "my hughes.net is out of date" message could be.  Being that it's hughes.net you may very well be right, as in it being related to your email.  If/when you see it again, I would try to get a snapshot of it, as the reps or others may have an idea of what could be causing it. 

What you jokingly said you did with your system reminded me of when I was working as a heating and A/C tech.  We used to say, "If it doesn't fit, kick it, push it and shove it til it does."  😛 

And thank you for the compliment.  It truly is appreciated.  🙂