email load error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgrobison1
Sophomore

email load error

As of around 10 to 11 AM my email was ok, now I get the error Fault error: system failure: getting database connection, system failure: getting database connection. This comes up in the spot that normally shows incoming email. Any suggestions?

WR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe they just needed to reboot something. 😁

@wgrobison1 wrote:

It seems to be working  OK now thanks

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

@GabeU  this has nothing to do with a confort levl but the fact I have all my accounts tied to hughesnet for validation / verification from banking to irs to ssa.....etc. this morning checking email using web, and t-bird I've not received any emails since the 9th, is there still a email issue?

update on not getting email: I found a message rule I setup via the email web client was sending ALL EMAILS to a specific folder I had setup for IBM corrospondance, so no emails at all went to the inbox, or stayed there. the rule I setup was specific to an email address yet ALL EMAIL went there. Note to self; 

never setup a message filter rule using hughes net 😞 

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Carmen, so all the missing emails were in the folder, then? Glad to hear they weren't lost. 

@maratsade wrote:

Carmen, so all the missing emails were in the folder, then? Glad to hear they weren't lost. 

Yes, from what I see the emails I was looking for were in my IBM folder, bad timing, I was buying a vehicle Saturday and trying to get my email on my phone - insurance verification and I could not get any email 😞 I had to actually call and talk to a CS agent 🙂 lol

I'll stick with my need for now for hughesnet email since like I sad everything is tied to hughesnet email

Carmen Vitullo

yesterday, 07/12/21 thunderbird worked flaulessly, getting email, sending email no issues, no need to enter my password. Today getting email working, sending is again failing and asking to enter my password. Something changed? or is this the typical open systems BS stuff that happens, one day it works, the next.....maybe ?

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Murphy's Law.  Crazy stuff.  I see that you got a good day and now the shenanigans are back. Have you thought of asking the Thunderbird community? There may be other satellite internet users there that may have answers for you.

@Pete_Vit wrote:

Yes, from what I see the emails I was looking for were in my IBM folder, bad timing, I was buying a vehicle Saturday and trying to get my email on my phone - insurance verification and I could not get any email 😞 I had to actually call and talk to a CS agent 🙂 lol

I'll stick with my need for now for hughesnet email since like I sad everything is tied to hughesnet email

@maratsade wrote:

Murphy's Law.  Crazy stuff.  I see that you got a good day and now the shenanigans are back. Have you thought of asking the Thunderbird community? There may be other satellite internet users there that may have answers for you.

Good idea, thank you

@Pete_Vit wrote:

just a quick update, funny yesterday without me doing anything sending email from TB just started working, not asking for me to enter a password for smtp.hughes.net

gotta love open systems tech 

if my systems I supported just stopped working, and then started to work the next day I'd be out of a job

Carmen Vitullo

Pete_Vit,

Please try removing and re-adding the account, and let me know if that makes a difference!

Thanks,

Remy

Not my first choice, but I'll try that later on tonight

anyone know a way to tell / configure TB not to download all inbox items?

update: I removed my account and perfomed these steps with no errors (green check)

1. Open the Thunderbird Mail application, click on Tools at the top of the window and then select Account Settings (usually the second from the bottom on the menu). Once these steps are completed, click on Account Actions and then Add Mail Account.

2. Please fill in your name or email address for 'Your name'. You will then enter your Email Address and password and check the box for Remember Password. You can then click Continue. If you receive a green check, you can click done.

loading all my inbox messages again, sending or forwarding a message still fails

Login to server smtp.hughes.net with username cvitullo failed

"(

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Try Account Settings. Is there a way to tell TB to download emails manually vs. automatically?

EDIT:  You may want to ask here too:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird

Pete_Vit
Senior

I am having the same issue using the browser interface email.hughes.net, with Thunderbird it appears as a autenication error, logon issue

Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop3.hughes.net responded: authentication failed: LOGIN failed

maybe someone from tech support can verify there's an email server problem ?

Carmen

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

I don't use Webmail, but I tested it and I'm also getting an error.

2021-07-07_15-35-44.png

EDIT: When trying to load the inbox, I get this error:

2021-07-07_15-40-17.png

Hopefully @Liz  or @Remy  can look into this and involve the email people.