email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgrobison1
Junior

email

I get this message when I try to open Hughesnet email....Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Reason: Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection timeout.

10 REPLIES 10
wgrobison1
Junior

Now when I try to check Email , a Window pops up, a Zimbra email window, won't open still, get message "unknown error" still can't access email

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Zimbra shenanigans. Hopefully the reps here will contact Zimbra and have them fix whatever's going on with their system. 

I keep getting the same issue - I gather Zimbra is not part of Hughes. I have had this a few times but usually in a day it is gone. Not sure if Hughes is aware or even dealing with this issue. But ti does stop me from seeing my email at times. I have not used my Hughes info to sign into Zimbra as I worry about security issues. I just wish Hughes would let us know what is happening. And stop it!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not. Zimbra is their email services provider, AFAIK.  I just tried my email and it works fine, so this is likely only a limited outage. And yes, an announcement would be nice. The reps may not be available to place one right  now, but hopefully they will soon, especially if the issue persists.  

You can't sign into Zimbra with your HN info.  Our accounts are through HN, not Zimbra. HN has an account with Zimbra and they create accounts for us that are HN accounts.  Again, AFAIK. 

wgrobison1,

Thank you for reaching out! Are you still receiving this error when attempting to access your Hughesnet email?

Thanks,

Remy

yes

yes, still can't open email page, when I try to access email, it goes through the normal steps of signing in, the loading then a blank grey square pops up and show it is working , but it never opens, keeps giving me this

wgrobison1_0-1724174748922.jpeg

I access my email account through Hughes.net 

I have tried Google and Microsoft Net internet explorer (my usual way in) and end up with a Zimbra sign in after a long wait

I have had this before but usually it just "self-fixes" and my access is good again. Sometimes half a day and sometimes not until the next day. 

I get 100-150 emails a day that I have to get to, so this is not good for me. 

If you need any further info leave me a message here as I can get to my email!

Thanks

email ok now, thank you Remy

I am having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. Seems email issues on Hughes end is a monthly event.