"MY ACCOUNT" secure or not?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

"MY ACCOUNT" secure or not?

A while back someone asked why My Account doesn't seem to be  a secure site.

Was there a response from HN?

If there was a response I can't find the thread.

Is My Account still not secure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Reggie,

I know it's been a while, but I wanted to update you on this topic. I was informed recently that an update was done which addressed secure pages for myAccount across the board.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Amanda,

Yes, the popups for credit card info are definitely secure.  I was only showing that the main page wasn't secure, though the sign on info is.  

With that said, I was just a litlte concerned about the Account Information and Profile page, which also includes personal info (though not as important as credit card info or anything like that), but isn't secure.  There's also no indication of whether the popups for changing personal info, like email, phone number or address, is secure.  

Capture.JPG

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

page info.PNGIf the "s" in https means secure can anyone explain this?

GabeU

@Reggie

That's this Community, and this Community is definitely secure.  It's the MyAccount site that is the problem.  At least some of the popups on the site, like when you go to add a payment type (and I assume change it) are secure, but the pages themselves aren't.  

What Amanda mentioned about having to go through the sign in process and such may very well be true, but we'll know once the engineers pore over it.  With this said, after signing in to this Community, I can right click on MyAccount at the top of the page and choose to open it in a new page, and if I've already signed into the site previously it goes straight to the MyAccount site without having to go through the sign on process again, so I don't know if that means it's still secure, if it ever was in the first place.

It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.  

Hi all,

Just checking in to let you know I haven't been given an update but I'm staying on top of it for you.

~Amanda

Hello,

So just a quick add on to my previous post... I don't have an official answer for you but I can say that what is coming will be positive. Hang in there! 🙂

~Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Any updates yet?

Hi Reggie,

I asked yesterday but haven't received a response, so I'm following up again now. I will let you what I hear.

Thanks

Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Amanda:

Any updates yet?

Hi Reggie

Finally got my hands on something today!

The entire email path (i.e. the whole enchilada) is going to have HTTPS implemented. If the date is still on, the myAccount website itself is also getting uniform HTTPS, except earlier, on 4/22/18. I'll check in with the team on the 22nd to see if it was completed. The date for webmail HTTPS is TBD.

~Amanda

GabeU

@Amandawrote:

The entire email path (i.e. the whole enchilada) is going to have HTTPS implemented. If the date is still on, the myAccount website itself is also getting uniform HTTPS, except earlier, on 4/22/18. I'll check in with the team on the 22nd to see if it was completed. The date for webmail HTTPS is TBD.

~Amanda

Awesome news.  Thank you!  🙂   

maratsade

Excellent news. Thanks for the update!

@Amandawrote:

Hi Reggie

Finally got my hands on something today!

~Amanda

Reggie,

I've pinged management for an update. I appreciate you waiting on me.

Amanda

Hi all,

The HTTPS change for the myAccount site got pushed out, so no changes were done on the 22nd. I'll keep you in the loop as usual 🙂

~Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Amanda:

Thank you for keeping us informed.

Reggie

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Any updates?

Hi, tentatively we're looking at June. I wasn't sure if I should have said anything in case something changed, but that is the information I was provided and if it gets moved up/pushed out again I will let you know.

~Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

It's been a month. Any updates?

Hi Reggie,

I spoke with the project manager on this task on May 29 30th who informed me there were some setbacks on this. The patch has to come out during a maintenance window without breaking other things. In order to get this in, the other projects on their list to go with the update all need to be tested and ready to go at the same time. 

I expressed to him that this is something we've been waiting on for a long time and he understands that, but unfortunately it has to go through the process like all other updates. Along with this should be arriving the fix for OpenID errors. I've been staying on them and will get you a date as soon as they give me one.

Thanks

Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the quick response.

Reggie

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

It's been 4 months since I started this thread. Are there any update that can be posted & shared?

Hi Reggie,

I have sent out a request for an update.