works fine then suddenly no internet Jupiter 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfry
New Poster

works fine then suddenly no internet Jupiter 3

I've had numerous problems from 12.1.9 errors out of no where after working fine all day to it going out of 2 hrs and just magically coming back and now today after I've had the radio end replaced, new modem and replaced a cable 30 min after rep left my system said everything was fine but all my devices couldn't connect to the internet--it could see it but said "no internet". Tried rebooting 3 times, then an hr later it worked. I had gen 5 for years with no issues, this new jupiter has been constant problems.  Any ideas on this cause?

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your best bet is to wait for a HN rep here to see your ticket and get back to you about how to proceed. Hopefully this will resolved soon. 

Remy

sfry,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems this is your first post! Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues, we'd like to get those resolved for you! I was able to get your account pulled up through your Community profile, which is great! Upon looking into your account, it seems we're receiving some notifications for Bad Alignment. I've gone ahead and created a technician order, with associated fees waived as courtesy! The technician will reach out to you, in an attempt to find the best time and date to schedule. Please let us know how the visit goes!

Thanks,
Remy

Thanks for your reply--I have a hard time believing it's alignment since I've had a tech out here 3 times with this same problem and they spent 20 min on the alignment. They replaced the modem, replaced the radio end and same problem. It's out right now in fact-exact same time it went out Monday morning and was out for 3 hrs then magically was ok again and had been fine til right now again.  It says uplink error. Goes from Red with codes 12.4.1, it then reassociates, may go green with code 12.1.9....then back to red and that whole repeat process til suddenly it's fine.  You say alignment...I hear there is a new dish with slightly different shape....that is the only thing that hasn't been changed--could that be my issue? I need the new dish?  Keep in mind, my original update to jupiter was end of December. Worked great without any issues for 3 weeks and now it's been consistent issues since. 

If you can pull a detailed report of my account since Sunday you should see what it's been doing.

sfry,

Upon taking a look into your recent account notes, it seems you have another technician visit set up! It appears it's currently scheduled for 2/17/24. Please let us know how this visit goes!

Thanks,

Remy

Yes--the tech was here Saturday and put on the newer rounder dish---previously it was the same dish I've had for 6 years. Can you look now and tell me if my "alignment" and such looks good now? I'm hoping this is what will fix my problem with it suddenly going out.

I'm new to HN and I've been dealing with this exact same thing from the start. It says were connected without internet just to randomly come back 2+ hours later. Then when I call they say everything looks fine on there end just for hours later it to come back. I've only had this service for 2 days and have had nothing but issues. I hope they figure out what's wrong with your internet!

maratsade

@Mgreeny227 ,

If they say everything looks fine, it's because it does, at least from their side. That doesn't mean there isn't an issue, though. You may want to start your own ticket by going to https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport, clicking on the blue button labeled +Start a topic, and giving as many details as you can about the issue. A Hughesnet rep will get back to you. You will recognize the reps because they have the letters MOD next to their name. 

I am going through the exact same thing!! We've only had service for TWO WEEKS!! I also lose service EVERY night between 2-8 a.m.

GabeU

@Rooroo13 

You should start your own topic, then wait for a rep to reply.