My server is also Hughes, I use my comcast email though because that’s what I use when Im in Spokane. I’m in Colville now. My email and App Store work at my neighbors! they are also on Hughes. Last night about 6:00 I had some emails finally come in but there is no body to them! No emails coming in today!
Yeah, so, we keep asking different questions and you keep responding with the same answer, and it's not getting any clearer to anyone.
All we know is this: Everything works at your neighbor on HughesNet, but not on your's and you also use HughesNet. So it's clearly not HughesNet that's the problem. It has to be something in your configuration or something that you're doing.
We've offered some suggestions on how to possibly fix it, but you've not given any indication that you've tried any of it to see if it fixes the problem. Until you do, good luck with all that.
- In order to attempt to clarify some things, is it your Xfinity email or your HughesNet email that you are having issues with?
- If your Xfinity email, do you sign into it at Xfinity's email site or do you use a 3rd party email app?
- If your HughesNet email (xxx.hughes.net), do you sign into it at the HughesNet email site, or do you use a 3rd party email app?
- Or, are you using the built in mail application of your Mac's operating system for your Xfinity email, your HughesNet email, or both?
- "My email and App Store work at my neighbors! they are also on Hughes." - Are you speaking of your HughesNet email, as in xxx.hughes.net, or your Xfinity email?
- "My server is also Hughes" - Could you please explain what you mean by this? Are you saying that you have a home server that is connected to your HughesNet internet service?
- Lastly, I assume you are not having issues with your Comcast email, being that your last post is your first mention of it. Is this correct?
My email says no network detected, this is in xfinity connect which they told me to download figuring I could get my email that way, I can’t. My email is Tia556@comcast.net,that’s the email I have always used! So in my regular email, I can’t get either! 102002 is the error message I get in xfinity connect app.so it use to work! It is not now since my reconnect! It is a connectivity issue. Can anyone help?
GabeU, I use safari app for my email. My husbands email not coming either, also on Comcast.net. We don’t get email on our IPads or on our laptop. Although last night we did get a couple emails on the laptop but I did not get any body to it and did not get it on my Ipad at all!
First, please go back and edit your email address out of your post. This is a public website. NEVER post your email address on a public website. Click on the three dots on the upper right of the post and edit it through there.
So you access your Xfinity email through Xfinity Connect, and your HughesNet email through your Safari browser? Have you tried signing in directly at the websites for the emails in question to see if you are getting the emails there?
GabeU, I have done everything suggested! I’ve done it on this site, I’ve done it on phone with Hughes Net, I’ve done it on phone with Comcast. Nothing has helped yet! Yes, I may be a bit technically challenged. I don’t always understand what you are saying and you don’t always understand what I am trying to say. I will try again! I am on Hughes Net but always have used my safari stamp to go to my email! It is comcast/xfinity. When I go to my stamp to get my mail they either don’t come in at all or come in with no body to it! The body message says this mess. Has not been downloaded from server. If I go to xfinity connect which I downloaded because xfinity thought I could get my emails that way, I open emails and it says no network could be detected. Please make sure you are connect and try again 102002. my internet works just can’t use my email properly or open App Store. A couple times my App Store worked for just a few minutes, then won’t work again. Sometimes I get some email in but no body. My last email came in at 12:42 today but no body, says this message has not been downloaded from the server. My App Store and email work perfectly at my neighbors who are also on Hughes net. Emails also don’t work on my husbands IPad nor does the App Store where we update our apps. Laptop can’t get emails either! I don’t know what else to say or how to make it any clearer! I’ve been doing speed tests which I left on a message to Amanda I believe. I will put some on here for you to see.
7:47 p.m. download 4.7. Upload 1.1 mbps
8:10p.m. 20.1 mbps. 191 kbps
10:32 p.m. 21.6 mbps. 140 kbps
9:12 a.m. 18.7 mbps. 189kbps
1226 p.m. 17.4 mbps. 1.1 mbps
5:45 p.m. 14.8 mbps. 1 mbps
10:23.p.m. 381 kbps. 132 kbps
7:08 a.m. 12 mbps. 174 kbps
4:41 p.m. 15.4 mbps. 143 kbps
8:08 a.m. 11.5 mbps. 179 kbps
12:48 p.m. 21.4 mbps. 186 kbps
3:23 p.m. 23.6 mbps. 163 kbps
I hope this makes it clearer!
I did do the test the other guy told me to do, think his name was Mark? I’ve also done that with Hughes on phone and with Comcast/xfinity! Hughes on the phone was no help and never have been! I spend 2 or 3 hours on phone and get no where and they put me on hold many times! My Comcast email has worked for 3 years on Hughes in the past using it the same way I am trying to do now! I have no Hughes mail! Usually use just the stamp thru safari on Comcast email. Only recently downloaded xfinity connect to try and get email as Xfinity suggested that on phone. Comcast and Xfinity are the same company.
Okay, that does make it a bit clearer.
- You have HughesNet, and only HughesNet, as your ISP (internet service provider).
- You normally get your email through your Safari browser. Your email is Xfinity (which is Comcast).
- You subsequently tried to get your emails through the Xfinity Connect app, but you're not able to get them properly through that, either.
- Your App Store is also not connecting properly.
Now, your download speed looks okay (save for one), but your upload speed doesn't. I found your last download and upload speed tests on testmy.net, and there are a couple of issues with the way the tests are being done, which could end up giving incorrect results, but we'll get to that later.
When you go to the following page, do you see any State Codes listed? http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor
They will be where the red box is in the following picture. If you see any state codes listed, please let us know what they are.
Edit: I forgot to ask, do you have a computer, whether a desktop, laptop or notebook, that has the ability to connect directly to the modem with a LAN cable, and do you have a LAN cable with which to be able to do so?