An idea about signing in

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

An idea about signing in

Moderators: Would it be feasible, when accessing the community from the cellphone app, to not have to sign in again? You could make it so the user who accesses the community in this way can only access the community, or make them sign in if they go anywhere else, i.e. my account,, email, etc. A) you already know it's me; B) If I have someone else's phone I already have instant access to all their account and usage info just by tapping the Highesnet app (without signing in) anyway; C) I doubt any nefarious person stealing a cellphone does so with the intention of getting on their victim's Hughesnet account and then making comments as if he were the victim.

Well...I suppose I could hire a private detective to find out where @GabeU lives, break into his house on April 1, steal his cellphone, get into his Hughesnet app (if he has one) and write a bunch of grossly misinformed/incorrect comments about technical stuff to make him look silly, then jump out and yell, "April Fools' Day!"--but that seems like a lot of trouble for payoff (not to mention the criminal parts of it).

Every though I sign in with google, requiring only tapping two buttons, it's still mildly irritating whenever I want to check in with the community. Maybe I'm missing something super obvious, and if so, no doubt everyone will point it out to me, lol. But I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. 😀

@GabeU, I promise, next April Fools' Day you don't need to hire a private security team--no, really, this time I really mean it! 😜
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@debbie.jean.bro

Have no doubt, my "watch cat" will be on duty.  You won't get past him!  😛  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

"but that seems like a lot of trouble for payoff (not to mention the criminal parts of it)."

Go for it; you only live once.  🙂

GabeU

@debbie.jean.bro

Have no doubt, my "watch cat" will be on duty.  You won't get past him!  😛  

LOL, too funny!  I just found this thread by way of looking for a previous question that might have answered the one I'm about to ask.  It didn't but it was entertaining 🙂