I am Finished With HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maternick
Freshman

I am Finished With HughesNet

I am so done with Hughes Net and all there Lies!!!  Today I put my order in with VIASAT for their "UNLIMITED" date plan!!!  I have talked to a number of folks with VIASAT and they are very happy with their "UNLIMITED" data plan and the service they recieve.  I am considering bringing a suit against HughesNet for false advertising!!  Anyone want to join me!!  

14 REPLIES 14
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

So you've done nothing on here to try to address whatever the issue is, other than complaining about some data issue two years ago, and then further complaining today.  SMH.    

Good luck with that "Unlimited Plan" with Viasat.  Guess you didn't read very much about the problems they're having, especially with those specific plans.  

I have done lots to Give HughesNet a chance.  I have seen the way you treat folks on this thread....and it is not very good...after all you are their hired gun!!!  All you do is criticize them and put them down just like you are doing with me.  Hughes Net is NOT the only game in town.  I have talked to numerous users of VIASAT and they are very happy with their new unlimited plan.  I have had nothing but trouble with Hughes Net since I have had them. All they want to do is to milk the consumer and take more of their hard-earned money!! I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau consumer protection agency against Hughes Net

GabeU

@maternick

That doesn't negate the fact that you've done nothing on here but complain.  Not once have you asked for help.  You've just complained.  That's all.  

Thank you you have just given me all I need!!  

Everyone...Please note the tatic being used by the HughesNet folks!!  They care nothing about service. All they care about it owning you!  

maratsade

Il n'y a pas de quoi.

your welcome back

GabeU

@maternick wrote:

Thank you you have just given me all I need!!  

As stated by maratsade, we're customers, so whatever it you got from us that you need, so be it.  

BTW, I've made sure to save the threat you sent me via PM.  

And as for "Everyone...Please note the tatic being used by the HughesNet folks!!  They care nothing about service. All they care about it owning you!", it's too bad you didn't ask for help instead of ranting on multiple threads.  Help is what you would have gotten, just like others who ask for help on this support community.  

Have a nice day.  

That was no threat....mr. whoever you are.  You are treating me like crap.....and I don’t appreciate that.  You are supposed to be representing this company.  My comment was related to turning this company, which you are part of,  into the better business bureau for not living up to their promises.   I have had nothing but issues with hughes net...and I know scores of other who have had the same.  Consider yourself reported to Hughes net for being disrespectful and uncourteous.  Have a nice day!  I have said my piece. 

GabeU

@maternick

We don't represent this company, and it's never been stated that we do.  We are fellow customers who take time out of our day to help fellow customers having issues.  When customers come on here and start spouting from the start, it tends to not get a very good result.  

You can report us all you want, as we don't work for HughesNet. 

OK...I admit..perhaps I misunderstood.  For that I am sorry.  But I still am not a happy customer.  My data stream is used up very quickly as I am into music and I write reviews and run a small record label ...thus I have to watch youtube, and upload to various video services, etc.  I cannot get HughesNet to work with me on this.  They keep telling me it is my fault because I use too much data??/ Really????  That is what I do.  Today reached my straw that broke the camels back moment...and was looking to express it.  Every time I call hughes Net I get the same crop.  I was told we would ge 25Mbps download...that is a lie ...it has never even been close to that. I am up until 2 in morning trying to get work done because of the slow internet speeds.  The days of 50 GB a month is over and HughesNet needs to acknowledge that.  Have a nice day.

GabeU

@maternick

While I understand your frustration, I really wish you would have just stated the problem in the first place.  The data problem can't really be fixed, other than using less data, which evidently is not an option for you because of the work you do.  However, the speed problem can be looked at, and in many cases, fixed.  

If you've truly already made up your mind and you're dumping HughesNet, then there is no sense in trying to help.  But, if you haven't done that already, please post of the speed issue in the Tech Support section so it can be looked at.  

One thing that you've got to understand, and this is not at all your fault, is that this Community is monitored by corporate based reps, unlike the phone reps.  If we fellow customers can't help with an issue, they can, and they have more resources at their fingertips than the phone reps, including the ability to converse directly with the engineers for problems such as this.  People often don't know this, but out of the various ways to get help, this community is the best one.  Again, there's not much that can be done with data, as you use what you use, but speed is another issue.  And, keep in mind, that even when you run out of data, though you can't really watch videos and such in HD or do other data intensive activities because of the reduced speed, you can still do many other things.  With that said, though, that may not be beneficial to you.  

So, again, if you've already made up your mind, I wish you luck, but if you haven't, please post of your speed issues in Tech Support, as you WILL find help.  

BTW, what I said about ViaSat's unlimited plans wasn't a joke or a dig.  I am on their boards, too, due to the service having basically the same types of issues and solutions for those issues, and I've seen a lot of posts about problems with those Unlimited plans because of the antenna problem they are having with their new satellite.  Mostly speed issues, not connection issues or anything like that.   Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be better for you.  But, also remember that you get throttled after a certain amount of data usage with those unlimited plans, too, though I don't know what the speed is like when throttled.  

Someone forgot this was Thoughts on Community (this message board) topics.

Not "Thoughts on HughesNet Service Because I'm Mad As H*** And I'll Do What I Want Wherever I Want"

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

"after all you are their hired gun!!!

Nope. We're customers.

As for Viasat, good luck with that.