Issue with Notifications page....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Issue with Notifications page....

I've been seeing the following more and more lately when I click on the Notifications icon, including when I have new notifications.  I sometimes have click on it, or refresh the Notifications page, three or four times before I see the actual notifications.  I can eventually get to them, but I figured it important to say something.

To be clear, this is not a major issue for me, and I can eventually get to the actual notifications anyway, so please feel free to put this on the bottom of the pile and help those dealing with more important issues first.  🙂

Capture.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade

I've been having the same issue.  It's not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. 

Liz

Thanks for bringing this up Gabe! Definitely want to keep an eye on this. Hopefully it's temporary, but if this persists, please let me know.

If you get a chance, please check if this happens over a non-HN connection. I checked my own notifications and didn't get that error myself.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@Liz 

I'll check it out with my desktop tethered to my tracfone either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow to see if anything happens.  It's one of those things where it doesn't always happen, so it may not when I try, but I'll try it a few times to see.

OK, good idea!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz 

Unfortunately, or actually fortunately, it happens to infrequently to catch it with my phone.  I'd have to leave it tethered until it happened, which could take days, and data for my Tracfone isn't cheap.  

It's happened three times over the last week, including today, so it's not what I would consider intrusive.  I can just refresh the page and it shows the proper info.  

It did it again just now.  I included the clock in the snapshot, in case it helps...

Capture.JPG

Thanks for this update, Gabe! I'll put in a ticket for this and we'll see how this goes. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for your patience while this was investigated. None of us could replicate the error you saw, but this may be a result of slow speeds. If this become more consistent (even via your cellular connection or other connection) just let me know and we can revisit this.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz 

Will do.  And thank you.  🙂

Hi @GabeU and @maratsade, just reopening this and asking if you could please let me know if this notifications page error pops up again; doesn't have to be consistent. I'd like to let our folks know soon after the fact. I'll leave this thread open for you.

-Liz

maratsade

Thanks, Liz. Will report when/if it happens again. 🙂

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Thanks, Liz. Will report when/if it happens again. 🙂

Ditto.  🙂

Thanks folks!

-Liz