MACRO TESTS - IGNORE - POST PHOTOBUCKET DEBACLE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

MACRO TESTS - IGNORE - POST PHOTOBUCKET DEBACLE

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

27 REPLIES 27
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Please perform the following test outlined in the graphic below, this is known as an isolation test and will help determine whether the issue is with Hughesnet or your local network.

photo P2hSeDN.jpg

1: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter
2: Disconnect the LAN cable from the modem.  If on the HT2000w, please disable wifi as well.
3: Note the date and time of the disconnect, it is best when doing step two, to also capture the time displayed on your screen.
4: Leave the LAN cable disconnected from the modem for several hours, Hughesnet recommends doing this overnight, or during the day while at work.
5: Reconnect the LAN cable to the modem.
6&7: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter with the clock displayed on your computer.
8: Post your screenshots to the community.

Please be aware, if you downloaded any large files just prior to this test, or if the disconnect was for an extensive time period, some usage may appear to have occured, but should be rather negligible. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Unlike present systems where you can toggle web acceleration on or off, the best you can do with a 7000 is a turbo page teardown.
This will disconnect from the web acceleration server and then reconnect. At times doing so will cause it to increment to a different and hopefully less saturated server.
To begin you will need to enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser to open the Modems SCC main display page. (System Control Center)
 photo w977dsz.png

To access the turbo page control you need to open the Modems "advanced" pages. Do this by clicking on the little man icon as indicated above.
From the menu on the left:
On the left find TURBOPAGE, expand it by clicking the plus icon (+).
Scroll down to ADVANCED CONFIG, click that
Click the button "Teardown Turbopage Connection"
photo AO3UsR8.png

From my experience it took doing this three or four time in succession to increment to another W/A server.

@C0RR0SIVE

Pictures came through on all of those.

GabeU

Very nice.  They worked perfectly!  

How does one go about saving those as macros?  I can't remember.  

Just copy and paste in the macro section?  I know the macros I have in there now have a different format.  

maratsade

Wow. I never noticed the little man icon.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Wow. I never noticed the little man icon.

I always thought it was humorous that it was a little man.  I mean, who is it that makes the decisions on what a button should look like?  😛

I also would get a kick out of it when the CS phone rep would say, "Okay, now click on the little man..."