My thoughts on the Community?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

My thoughts on the Community?

Let me give you my thoughts on the Community.  It has become worthless.

SIX DELETED POSTS, including the latest which was trying to help someone with speed issues.    

I'm tired of this.  I'm about done with it.  

Hughesnet, you want customers to help customers, but when you delete posts that becomes impossible.  

THERE WAS NO REASON TO DELETE THIS LATEST POST.  

35 REPLIES 35
GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

BTW, for the ones wondering, if you manage to get the moderated message when doing posts/edits, if you are fast enough you can click the link to see everything that was moderated, though it seems to show it in random order and not most recent first.
https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

It appears that the toggling of the spam filter by Liz caused all of my previously rejected items to post.  All six of them, including one that was originally part of a thread that has since been closed.  

Good morning all,

Thanks for all your help, here's what happened. Your posts with links were going into a spam quarantine area. All we had to do was check your posts, which were awaiting approval, and mark them as NOT spam. This teaches the spam management feature to avoid quarantining such posts. I marked everything in the spam quarantine yesterday as not spam, which is why the influx of approved posts; this didn't have to do with toggling the spam management off and on.

Lithium also found no connection between ResponseUser and the moderated posts. That blue message you might have seen after you post something with a link only says "Your post will appear as soon as it is approved" (by a moderator, not ResponseUser). Our logs further show that there is no moderation activity done by ResponseUser.

If you do find any evidence of ResponseUser having anything to do with your missing posts, please share!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

So why was it showing in the moderation area that my post was going from "My Items Waiting Approval" straight to "My Rejected Items"?  Seems odd that they items was being rejected if they was waiting for moderator approval... /shrugs/

maratsade

Thank you, Liz, for liberating the posts from their quarantine prison!  Smiley Very Happy

GabeU

Thank you, Liz!!!

You're welcome Gabe, thank you for letting me know so we could get this resolved quickly!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

C0RR0SIVE, it's possible there was a time limit before moderated items were auto-rejected. In any case, I'm checking the quarantine often now, and so far nothing since yesterday. 🙂

...that was me, sorry. >_>;

Thank you all again for posting your screenshots and detailed account, I'm sending this over.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

LOL, that's fine, I just thought it was hilarious and started poking around and saw a Li-.... admin, figured they was poking and trying to figure out why mostly innocent posts had gone baibai.

So many Admins and Mods online... /hides shaking in fear behind the sofa/

maxresdefault.jpg

Update:

I think we figured it out, and it's not our spam management tool. 🙂 I'll turn it back on (it's been on ever since we launched the community) and get in touch with Lithium to address this.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

HOLY, what's with me suddenly getting notifcations to posts, and those posts once being moderated... and now randomly showing up?! LOL

❤️ Lithium so much more than Getsat now... >.>

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

HOLY, what's with me suddenly getting notifcations to posts, and those posts once being moderated... and now randomly showing up?! LOL

❤️ Lithium so much more than Getsat now... >.>

Same here.  I had notifications in my email regarding posts from weeks ago.  LOL.  

maratsade

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

By doing too many things that I am too tired to discuss right at this moment.  Gabe can fill you in on what and how we figured things out.  Such a long night =.=

I'm glad you and Gabe figured out what's going on.  I hope the issue gets fixed.

GabeU

Liz,

It seems we may be figuring this out after all.  It looks like a couple of posts that had been deleted before had also been deleted because of an edit that I did containing a URL.  I remember that they had been deleted immediately after that edit as well.  I was thinking it was coincidence, but it's obvious now that it wasn't.