Question about image uploading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Question about image uploading

I was wondering why the ability to upload images to the community is not available when connecting via a phone or tablet. At least I don't see the "photos" option that I see on the message ribbon when connecting via a computer. 

EDIT:  I see the regular options when using an iPad, and nothing at all when using an iPhone. I wonder why there's no ribbon for the smart phone version of the community. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

This should be fixed now, I just tried on my phone and I see the editor ribbon complete with the image upload button.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Liz

Hi maratsade,

I'm looking into this, I'll let you know what I find out. Interestingly, on my Android I don't even see the Editor ribbon, but it's there on my iPad:

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Using iPad to reply to this, and yes, Photos is there. I'll try the iPhone next. 

maratsade

Posting with iPhone. No ribbon at all. I wonder why.

Something to do with width and how the browser deals with it. You can see how the toolbar changes by collapsing the width of your browser on desktop to see how it would look on tablet and phone. Might try and turn your phone landscape to see if it appears.

@maratsade wrote:
Posting with iPhone. No ribbon at all. I wonder why.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yes, I had tried using the phone in landscape mode earlier when I was testing. No joy.  

Hi,

This should be fixed now, I just tried on my phone and I see the editor ribbon complete with the image upload button.

-Liz

maratsade

I don't see the whole ribbon but I do see the Photos icon. Cool, thanks!

Ah true it's not the entire ribbon, but what I see is the bold, emoticon, link, and image buttons, is that the same for you?

-Liz

maratsade

Yes, that's what I see too.  When I first hit "reply," I can see the whole ribbon for a split second, then it shows me just the 4 options.  

@Liz wrote:

Ah true it's not the entire ribbon, but what I see is the bold, emoticon, link, and image buttons, is that the same for you?

-Liz

OK thanks for confirming! The link and image buttons are most important anyway 😄

-Liz

maratsade

I agree. In the past, the lack of a way to add images was a concern brough up by people using smartphones.  Glad they can now upload images. 🙂