Hughesnet Community

Scam

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epryce

Scam

This company is a scam how did I use 50gb plus 50gb in 4 days there is no way two months in a row there is no way comcast and Verizon have better service this company is **bleep**
12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Epryce

First and foremost, please have enough respect for your fellow users of this site to refrain from using foul language, whether it is bleeped out or not.  It's immature and there is no need for it.  

Now, there are many things on many devices that can use data without your knowledge, and none of them are the fault of HughesNet.  For Windows based computers, the most recommended program for monitoring data usage is Glasswire, which monitors the data used on the computer it's installed on.  It will tell you how much data was used, when it was used and just what program/app/service used it.  It's free, and it's here...  https://www.glasswire.com/

For non Windows devices there are similar programs, though I don't know what they are offhand.  

If you have your HughesNet service connected to a DirecTV receiver it's best to disconnect it, as DirecTV receivers can use a LOT of data, even when they're off, and without any way to control it.  

The following two threads may also help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

If you would like further help in determining what is using all of your data, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Please keep in mind that it is mostly your fellow HughesNet subscribers who are going to help you with this issue.  

MarkJFine
Professor

And secondly, this area is for your opinion of this web site, not HughesNet service, as stated in the description before you clicked on it...

Wanna vent? Please find another appropriate outlet.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Its sad hughesnet actually has to pay supporters because otherwise all they would have is put downs. Above comment is right about one thing itll only be fellow subscribers that help if any at all definately not hughes net. Ive dealt with the same thing, vanishing data. 15% gone in the middle of one night when noone used anything. Only with this company can data puff be gone and devices are supposedly using them even when turned off. They say even a phone if its been logged onto the wifi, even tho the phine itself will show NO data use at that time because it was powered off but can still use the wifi data! Its truely amazing.
maratsade

"Its sad hughesnet actually has to pay supporters"

I'm not paid by Hughes. I pay them for service and it works fine, within the inherent limitations of satellite internet, such as latency. 

I respect your right to seek comfort in paranoid conspiracy theories, but this doesn't change the fact you're posting in the wrong area. 

Want tech support to resolve your mysterious data disappearances?  Post in tech support and work with the reps to figure out what's going on. It's very likely it's not elves, aliens, or the government using your data, but something connected to your network. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Paranoid conspiracies huh lol. One, you can search far and wide and not ONE person who has subscribed with this company except the few and i mean few guru's on here none the less have been satisfied with their service. Two, i have contacted Hughesnet quite a few times and to no avail. My calls have been disconnected, claims supposedly expedited. Blew off some more. I was hooked up on June 28th with this company. The entire first month i called several times, being still in the first 20 days was told by a rep after he as well ran speed test that was expediting this claim. Then got a call from an engineer saying it would be resolved by the end of July. Few days after it should've been fixed it was still terrible so was told then it was because my data had been used. So i purchase tokens. Next day token data is gone as well. Im sure the aliens wouldn't use this places satellites their smarter than me. In less than 60 days I've called support half a dozen times. I purchased one token for 9$ and one for $15 but their billing me for $40... ?. I have had no grace period since getting this service. I mean you'd think atleast in the first 20 days of the unlimited data i would've gotten decent speeds but no I was blew off til the end of that period. Its been one problem after another. So no it's no paranoid conspiracy theory its crappy service with a company that obviously dont care once they have that contract signed.

@Madams83 wrote:

Paranoid conspiracies huh lol. One, you can search far and wide and not ONE person who has subscribed with this company except the few and i mean few guru's on here none the less have been satisfied with their service.

Haven't we had this discussion before? Ever hear of thing called confirmation bias? This is mostly a support site where people only post when they have technical problems, got something different than they expected, and/or prefer to whine instead of get something done about it. You never, if hardly ever see the real majority of people that don't have problems.

And, if you don't think those people exist as a majority (likely about 500-1000 for every whinger you see on here), then you don't understand the sheer cost involved, how return on investment works, and how HughesNet is able to launch new satellites and expand their system every couple of years.

And finally, just like the original poster, you're way off-topic for this area. If you don't have something to say about the Community (aka this web site), take it somewhere else.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

This is the hughesnet community. I am a paying customer just like everyone else in here. When you've contacted customer service and support and get no help this is the last resort. So no! I dont have to 'go somewhere else'. But the ones like you without realizing it with your vile rude comments on matters that have nothing to do with you that you and others on here in fact are helping the case of just how shotty it is. Also if your implying that the majority of customers are in fact happy with this service, your as dishonest as the company your taking up for. Noone is naive enough to actually think that any customer is getting as involved in thousands of threads of customers that have been misled without gettin kick backs from it. Get real! Anyone with two eyes can see. Im no longer concerned with it because i have gathered the information i need to make my case. We have multiple calls we've recorded with the reps name, date, time and number called 'inquiring' about new service. So we shall see.

@Madams83

Nothing you've posted in this forum has anything to do with this web site, only your continued diatribes on the service. This is not a good way to go about things. You're actually making a good case against yourself, since everything here is also on record. You portray yourself as being just a disgruntled customer with a vendetta. So, good luck with that.

Secondly, if you think you can do whatever you want just because you're a paying customer, suit yourself. This site has terms and conditions that you agree to in order to continue its use. Continue to violate them and expect to get booted off by an admin.

Thirdly, this has been going on for months with you. If you're that unhappy, why do you not just end your contract, which I'm certain is cheaper than continuing the service both monetarily and aggravation.

Also recommend you use the spell check feature. Your spelling and grammar do even less for your credibility.

Have a nice day.

For months huh? Thats interesting considering I've not had this service for months. Not even two months. My credibility can be proven. Can we say the same for Hughesnet? We shall see. Everything about this company has been dishonest. I suppose that's just me and the thousands of other threads going on and on with the same issues. People aren't getting the service they were promised and their paying for. Where are the admins? Where are the ones representing the company if not you? Noones actually trying to fix the problem. Only the same four or five ones on here that doesn't 'represent' the company. You must have absolutely no life to sit on here and argue and belittle the customers thats come on here because nothing is being done. Alot invested in in something you claim to not be profiting from.

Hello Madams83,

We'd be absolutely happy to help you with any concerns you have and I am sure we can find a resolution that works for you. Please create a new thread for yourself in the appropriate category (if you have more than one concern, pick the most prominent issue and use that category) and include some specifics on what is going on so we can assist. This thread will be closed.

Thank you,

Amanda

maratsade

>>One, you can search far and wide and not ONE person who has subscribed with this company except the few and i mean few guru's on here none the less have been satisfied with their service.

You generalise from a small sample. 

>>Two, i have contacted Hughesnet quite a few times and to no avail. My calls have been disconnected, claims supposedly expedited.

On this community, you have been told how to troubleshoot your issues so fixing them can go forward,  and people have tried to give you help and advice, and you have rejected it, preferring to continue to complain and treat others with rudeness that is completely uncalled for. This is your choice, but it will not fix your problems.  

Post your billing issues under the right section and try to be polite to the people who can help you. Didn't your parents teach you any manners?

So far you have done nothing to improve your situation but whine and insult others. How's that working out for you? Has it fixed your system's problems?

GabeU

@Madams83 wrote:
Its sad hughesnet actually has to pay supporters because otherwise all they would have is put downs. 

Your evidence for this defamatory, and nearly libelous, statement?  You have none, because it's nonsense. 

@Madams83 wrote:
Above comment is right about one thing itll only be fellow subscribers that help if any at all definately not hughes net.

First, your misread, and secondly, another nonsense claim by you, which is easily disproved by anyone that bothers to read through Tech Support.

And, from below...

@Madams83 wrote:
My credibility can be proven.  

If anything, you've shredded it.  Making statements which are flat out lies, like the two above, tends to do that. 

@Madams83 wrote:
This is the hughesnet community. I am a paying customer just like everyone else in here. When you've contacted customer service and support and get no help this is the last resort. So no! I dont have to 'go somewhere else'.  

Perhaps now you'll actually use this site for which it is intended.  Since your first post all you have done is complain.  You've been told what to do to get help, multiple times, but you haven't bothered to do it.  You'd think that someone who is having such issues would attempt to have them resolved instead of doing what you have been doing.