The ability to create a private post?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The ability to create a private post?

With the ability to create a private post no longer an option (or I'm just not seeing it), does one now use the Private Messaging system in its place when they need to contact a mod about a private issue?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Short answer yes. They do have the option to reject/filter their received PM's though to prevent getting flooded with extraneous stuff. I'm sure they'll accept your message though. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Short answer yes. They do have the option to reject/filter their received PM's though to prevent getting flooded with extraneous stuff. I'm sure they'll accept your message though. Smiley Wink

GabeU

Ah.  Thank you, New Poster.  Smiley Wink 

I don't have any reason to contact them at this time, but it's good to know this for the future.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You're most welcome, New Poster.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Is the New Poster perchance named Barbra?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry for your loss, she is no longer with us.

Barbara.gif

Ah, the PM system is for you to chat amongst each other if you want to have a private convo and avoid cluttering someone else's thread. In a case where a mod has to jump in a thread and work with a customer, the mod may direct the customer to use the PM feature as needed. It's like a replacement for our communitysupport email we've used before-- we don't monitor that inbox unless we've instructed someone to email us.

Don't forget, if there are concerns with a particular post, you have the option to report it--we actively address those.

Hope that clears things up!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

Ah, the PM system is for you to chat amongst each other if you want to have a private convo and avoid cluttering someone else's thread. In a case where a mod has to jump in a thread and work with a customer, the mod may direct the customer to use the PM feature as needed. It's like a replacement for our communitysupport email we've used before-- we don't monitor that inbox unless we've instructed someone to email us.

Don't forget, if there are concerns with a particular post, you have the option to report it--we actively address those.

Hope that clears things up!

I was thinking more in line with things like billing questions and such, but one could ask for help without giving the personal info at the get go and go on from the reply they get.  

Also, not that I want to, but when you refer to reporting a post, would that be just PMing a mod about a post?  

Edit:  Nevermind.  I see in the options how to report a post (Report Inappropriate Content).    

Another added perk for mods with this new community is that we can see your HughesNet e-mail address in your profile, so no need to ask for a SAN or serial number. We can find you. 🙂 Case numbers are always welcome if a case needs particular attention.

When posts are reported, all those reports go to a place where we can work on addressing them.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!