Token Madness

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owenwalsh
Freshman

Token Madness

Recently, HughesNet has been sending out emails pertaining to the purchase of tokens at a discounted price. Unfortunately, the link in the email sends you to a page where you can purchase tokens at the regular price. You would think that a high tech company could resolve such a simple problem, but I have wasted much time talking with agents who could not rectify the problem. Finally, today I spoke with a supervisor who helped solve the problem (but the link still does not work). Hopefully, I will see the correct amount of tokens added to my account in a few days. I've been a customer of HughesNet since 2003, and I would change in a minute if I had access to another service (I live out in the country). It is almost impossible to stream any shows or movies, and when it is possible, the amount of data used forces you to purchase more data at a high price. I feel like I am being held hostage by this poorly run company (which attempts to provide high quality internet service to those who don't have access to fiber). It is a shame that in the 21st Century, some of us have to deal with this high priced low quality necessity of modern life. I tried writing a similar email to HughesNet, but could not because they limit the number of words in their email support. What a terrible company!!!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Owen,

The tokens aren't sold at a discounted price. There is a sale (until 31 March) whereby you buy a certain number of tokens and you get extra tokens for free.  When you go to buy the tokens, you select the amount you want and you get those right away.  The extra tokens are sent a few days later.  The price of the tokens is the same as always; the sale is about free extra tokens. 

I've bought tokens via this method twice and both times it worked fine.  If someone doesn't get the extra tokens within the stated amount of days, then they can come here and report the problem. The reps can fix it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Owen,

The tokens aren't sold at a discounted price. There is a sale (until 31 March) whereby you buy a certain number of tokens and you get extra tokens for free.  When you go to buy the tokens, you select the amount you want and you get those right away.  The extra tokens are sent a few days later.  The price of the tokens is the same as always; the sale is about free extra tokens. 

I've bought tokens via this method twice and both times it worked fine.  If someone doesn't get the extra tokens within the stated amount of days, then they can come here and report the problem. The reps can fix it. 

Thanks for your explanation. It's too bad that HughesNet did not explain this clearly in their email promotion. I had to obtain this information from this Community thread and from eventually speaking with an agent after several transfers (much time wasted). HughesNet explicitly says SAVE a certain amount by purchasing tokens under this promotion. Where I come from, this is called a sale!!! By the way, a SALE by any other name is still a SALE.