Hughesnet Community

...Uhh, did something strange happen? Can't get into my normal account here anymore

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

...Uhh, did something strange happen? Can't get into my normal account here anymore

So.. Amanda, Liz, Miles, Chis...

It's Charles, decided to link my Facebook account to my primary Hughesnet account, and having a small problem with Single Sign-On...

I have always logged into my Community Profile via facebook before, but now, for some reason, the community site won't let me log into the account, it pulls me to this one for some reason?

Any ideas?  Kinda don't have a clue as to how to get back into my normal account anymore on here...
12 REPLIES 12
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Everything is working fine here. Better than normal.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Was not meant to upset you . It was meant to help pinpoint where the problem is. Is the problem on just some Gateways or All. Sorry. Charles think about this you & many of the others helped me get my system running better than it ever. Why would I troll your post. If that is what you think I was doing then I won't respond any more. Bye.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Charles,

I agree with you something strange is happening at HN. Many of people that help us less tech savvy are now having problems.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I agree that things are in a "fragile mess".

At times I log into the Community, make a single post and have to log in again.

I use Thunderbird on my main computer and have had no issues (other than the occasional "retry") but I access some Hughes accounts via Webmail and it is a mess. works one time then not the next.

My one account devoted to community replies has been down about a week now as Hughes (Zimbra) is sending "this is spam" back to GetSatisfaction.

Frankly this "one size fits all" login system could have used a lot more thought and a lot more more testing.

It has got to the point that some parts just aren't worth the time spent trying to log in ... say what should be a quick email check from my tablet at work may now take up my entire break time.

Just too many rough edges, not ready for prime time.

Chris11
Alum

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your post. We are still able to see your champion account. You registered it using your MSN email correct? Are you logging in with the same credentials?

- Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi Charles,

Also have you tried just logging into the community using this option?

Do you get the same result?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yep, works when I sign in via Get Satisfaction...  Strange that it doesn't associate my Facebook account with my MSN/Gen Satisfaction account anymore but instead associates it with just the Hughes SSO.

EDIT: And now my Facebook logon is working with it... Strange...  Chris, is this account showing the SSO details now, or?  Interesting little glitchiness I saw...

BTW, yes, same credentials, as in, via my Facebook account, tend to use it to sign into just about everything anymore, always have, almost always will.  Why signing into my Facebook account was splitting me off to that other account is beyond me...
Chris11
Alum

Hi Charles,

I'm glad to see it worked. Not too sure what may have happened but from what I can guess you already linked your Facebook before, and then tried to link it with your main HughesNet account? Which I feel GetSat now sees as a new user. Your champion account was separate from your HughesNet account and since our single sign on feature change, your HN account was never really registered to the community until just now.

EDIT: No I still see the same information for your champion account. Your email is still listed as MSN not HughesNet.

- Chris
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeah, my facebook was registered with GetSatisfaction before the new SSO, then I decided to register my facebook with the new Hughes page with the SSO, and that's when it went funky...  Oh well.  Wonder what would happen if I linked my MSN account with my Hughes account...

I don't even want to fathom that. lol