Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan Robinson

Account Question

Order Number: 6797825

Date of Order: May 19, 2014

----------

Dear My Hughesnet Community,

I am writing to you about an early termination fee notice I received from your comany, and which has been referred to the collection agency of Joseph Mann & Creed. My agreement with Hughesnet did not include a termination fee.

When I signed up for the service, I stated I was renting a seasonal cabin for the summer period only.  For this reason, I stated that I was not prepared to agree to a long term contract. The customer sales person stated that while the standard agreement normally requested a 24 month commitment, because I only desired the service for the summer, he said he was able to offer the service to me on a month to month basis with no termination fee if I were to sign up for automatic electronic monthly payment using a credit card. He stated that the termination fee would not apply to my agreement.  I agreed to these terms with the company.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter and listen to the recording of the sales call to verify that this is correct.

Jordan Robinson

10 REPLIES 10
Amanda

Hello Jordan,

This is definitely something we want to look into and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like to have your sales call reviewed immediately. Do you have any recent case numbers, serial number from your modem or account information? We'll be able to locate your account with that since we cannot search for orders directly.

Thank you,
Amanda
Jordan Robinson

Hello,

I appreciate the response. My order number and account number are as follows.

Order Number: 6797825

Account Number: DSS32042190

Date of Order: May 19, 2014

Please advise if you need additonal information regarding this matter.

Jordan Robinson
Amanda

Jordan,

Thank you for the prompt reply. We'll use this information to locate who exactly sold the services to you and have the call reviewed. We will get back to you with an update soon.

Thanks,
Amanda
Amanda

Jordan,

We were able to locate and review your sales call. I can confirm, unfortunately, this sales agent did offer you a month-to-month service, when in fact we do not offer these types of services. Typical contract times are 12-24 months. We have credited to your account the ETF of $370. Your sales call along with more information has been escalated to a higher department to address the issue at the sales centers to ensure these types of offers are not being made to others.

I truly apologize for this experience you've had with us, but I am glad we were able to resolve this for you quickly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know so I can assist you.

Thank you,
Amanda
Jordan Robinson

Hello,

I appreciate your attention to this matter regarding my account, and its prompt resolution.

Jordan Robinson
Jordan Robinson

Hello,

Please advise how I may obtain written documentation from your company that I do no owe this fee. I am receiving mailed collection notices and automated telephone calls from a collections agency called Joseph Mann & Creed attempting to collect this fee or requesting that I settle with them for some lower amount to stop them from calling me. I explained the fee was not correct according to my agreement but they are still contacting me. I will need to send them something in writing from your company to get them to cease collections activities for this incorrect fee. Please advise.

Jordan Robinson
Amanda

Hi Jordan,

It make take some time for our billing system to notify the collections agency that the debt has been cleared. If you still receive calls today, please let us know before 6PM EST and I will have one of our executive customer representatives write an official letter and e-mail it to you.

Thank you,
Amanda
Jordan Robinson

Hello,

I appreciate the response. At this time I wish to request an official letter emailed to me at jordan.robinson.mail@gmail.com stating this debt does not belong to me. I am not able to be interrupted today by telephone calls from the collections agency.

Jordan Robinson
Amanda

Jordan,

An official statement has been e-mailed to you. Please let me know if you do not receive it and we'll have them re-send it. We hope this is sufficient.

Thank you,
Amanda
Jordan Robinson

Hello,

I can confirm I did receive. I appreciate your assistance in this matter and I am satisfied with its resolution.

Jordan Robinson