Autopayment and not seeing bill before it is due

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt86
Freshman

Autopayment and not seeing bill before it is due

I would like to know how I can see my bill and how much I have to pay before it is due and stop auto payments. I specificly asked the huges net person on the phone before I signed up do I have to pay with auto payment and I was told no I don't have to do auto payment and I would get a bill showing what I owe and when it is due before hand. These are the two reasons why I left Exede Internet because I never knew what I was going to be charged until it was charged and they forced me to do auto payments. Again Hughes net told me that they don't do this and that is why I switched, but I am being automaticly charged and I am not able to see my full bill ahead of time. All I see is pending charges and that has been totally different from what I was actually charged when the auto payment is done. So please how can I switch to invoice billing and pay my bill myself with out auto payments.

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm not sure they offer invoice billing.... Here's their billing page.  Look at this:  "Hughes requires you to maintain an electronic payment method on file (credit card, debit card, or e-check). Maintaining an electronic payment method saves you $5/month."  <-- maybe you can pay an extra $5 for a non-electronic payment method?  In any case, @Liz or @Amanda will be able to give you a much better answer.

This is not what I was told when I talked to the person on the phone before switching from Exede. I clearly asked the lady on the phone will I be able to see my actual bill before it is due and will I be able to pay my bill with my credit card/ debit card with out auto payment so I can make sure I have enough money in the bank before the charge is done she clearly told me yes Hughes never requires auto payment and I would have a clear bill before it is due and not just a couple days before it is due. For example today I go to my billing page and it says my bill is 42.99 (pending charges) So I pay it but I bet you in 10 days when my monthly cycle is up they will charge me even more money via auto payment and I have no clue or way of seeing what that amount will be.

GabeU

@gt86

As far as I know, when one signs up they are automatically put on automatic billing utilizing the form of payment that was used to initially sign up.  I do understand that you were told differently by the sales rep.  

As stated by @maratsade, the reps will be the ones to handle this, and they may very well be able to switch you to invoice billing.  They are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

Well I just called them and told them what I was told in August when I called the sales Rep. They have switched me to invoice billing and cancel auto payment I will just pay a extra $5 a month which I am more than willing to pay instead of being auto charged and possibly at some point getting hit with NSF fees. The bill I get on the 25th of October will be due on Nov. 25th just like a cable or electric bill.

GabeU

@gt86

Glad you got it sorted out.  We didn't suggest calling as often times people have better results dealing with the corporate reps in here than the customer support reps on the phone.  But, with that said, again, I'm glad you got it sorted out and you are now on invoice billing.  🙂

Invoice billing here, too.  I like being able to control when I pay.  Plus, if there is ever a discrepancy, I can deal with it before submitting my payment.  I haven't had one in the nearly thirteen years of having Hughesnet, but still, just in case.     

maratsade

@gt86, glad everything's sorted!

Amanda

Hi gt86, 

We're happy to hear this got sorted. Regardless, I will look up your sales call to make sure that our billing methods are reinforced with the sales agent. There will also be a private message in your inbox from me by the time you read this.

Thank you,

Amanda