Billing email keeps changing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkuehner
Freshman

Billing email keeps changing

I have had problems with my billing being sent to the wrong email account since before December 2016.  I have contacted Hughes at least 3 or 4 times, with 3 different case numbers,and have also changed the email back to the correct one at least 7 or 8 times.  The lastest was on 09/17/17 Case #106269833 via chat.  I've been checking every couple of days and it was fine until today (9/29/17) and it changed back to the incorrect email.  In the lastest chat I was told I didn't change it under the billing information (which I did) so she changed it again.  Can anyone on this forum give me some kind of idea how to get this fixed since calling and chatting don't seem to work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello! 

Good news, they found the problem! It's an weird wacky process with the unsubscribe feature that is causing this. They will be getting it fixed up soon, I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mkuehner

The reps will probably need to help you with this.  They are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so the earliest you'll hear from one is Monday.  

I'm just letting you know so you weren't wondering why no one was answering you this weekend.  

GabeU,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Amanda

Hi mkuehner,

That's really odd. I would be happy to take a look at what is going on with your e-mail address and why it keeps reverting back. 

~Amanda

Hello

I changed it in our notification database and our old database just to be sure. Please let me know if it reverts back. 

~Amanda

Amanda,

Thanks for the help.  hopefully this will work. 

Hi mkuehner,

Just wanted to pop in and say I checked on the e-mail today and see it reverted back. For some reason the billing system thinks that the e-mail is invalid. I will get with our billing team today to see what is going on. I appreciate your patience.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I checked yesterday and the email was correct then I checked today and it has gone back to the wrong email. 

Thanks, I have e-mailed our billing team again to see why the address keeps appearing invalid. I will let you know about any updates I recieve.

Amanda

Amanda,

HughesNet bill went to the wrong e-mail again. 

Hi

I requested an update on the 18th and again today. I will put some more pressure on the team to figure this out.

Thank you

Amanda

Hello! 

Good news, they found the problem! It's an weird wacky process with the unsubscribe feature that is causing this. They will be getting it fixed up soon, I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda,

Thanks for all your help. 

Have a great weekend.

Amanda,

Hate to keep bothering you but I just received an email for someone in Gaithersburg, MD about her changing her plan.  Would this have anything to do with fixing my email?  [removed image]

Amanda,

The billing email has changed back to my husbands (again).

Also got 2 notices (10/30 & 10/31) that my invoices is due on 5 days.  My bill was paid on 10/23,   Got 5 notices (all on the 31st) that say my bill had been generated.

I posted a message 10/27/17 that I received someone else's bill. 

Please help get this fixed.

Mary

Hi Mary

I am very sorry about all this. They removed you from an "unsubscribe" list and we re-added your e-mail because that is what our billing team thought the issue was. The e-mail you received does have an employee name (I've removed it) and she was part of the investigation process. I assume the order email you got was a result of the testing, but I have let her know in any case. 

You do not owe any balances and I can confirm I see your October 23rd payment. I will have the team check in on why you received so many notices as well. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be fixed someday. Smiley Happy

Mary,

We tried it again yesterday. I've checked your account a couple of times today and so far so good. I'll keep watching it, but let me know if anything changes for you.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda,

Check it this morning (11/3) and it still is correct.

Mary

Hi Mary

Looks like it worked! Checked this morning and the e-mail is still correct. Just keep in mind not to use the 'unsubscribe' option until we fix that bug 🙂

~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Checked this morning and it's still correct.

Thanks for the help.

Mary