Hughesnet Community

CAN NOT PAY MY BILL ON LINE ANY LONGER WHY??????????

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
florek1
Freshman

CAN NOT PAY MY BILL ON LINE ANY LONGER WHY??????????

Ok so I have been paying my bill on line for 3 years with the same Master Card Debit Card with no problems.  Now for the last 3 months it will not except my card.  It is so frustrating to go pay your bill and it says your card is not excepted even though you have been paying it for 3 years with no problem.  Every time you Hughes changes something it screws up something.  SO I have to call Hughes and pay it over the phone.  I do not always have phone service.  Please every time I pay the bill they said it is going to be fixed by next month.   Well know Hughes the way I do I know that will never happen.  Nothing but trouble with Hughes but I live in a rural area and have no choice.  Please FIX THE PROB LEM
42 REPLIES 42
florek1
Freshman

OK this is the card that SS give you to get your money direct deposited into along with the link maybe they can add this to your list of cards that are good to use..

Directexpress     :     usdirectexpress.com
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Same one here, Amanda.  
GabeU

Amanda, 

Here's the site for the card both florek1 and I have, in case it helps.  

https://www.usdirectexpress.com/

Amanda

Hi

The directexpress cards should work as long as you only use them for one time payments. You can make a one time payment from the new Support Center but you have to make double sure the "Make this my default payment" is not checked. That will cause it to fail.

Amanda
GabeU

Amanda, 

I will try again in March, but for three months I tried and it would not work at the new Support Center.  It simply will not take it, giving the message that the card is not accepted and to try a different card.  It should work, but it isn't.

Or it says the card will not work.  Something like that.  I took screenshots in Jan but deleted them.   

I'll make sure to get the screen shots when I try it again next month.  

GabeU

I thought I had posted it once before.  Here is the screenshot, previously posted in https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/-prepaid-credit-cards-no-longer-accepted-as-online-...

florek1
Freshman

That is the same message I get was told by customer service that took my payment over the phone that everyone trying to use this card can not make a payment on line.   So instead of saying we should be able to do it take all of word that it does not work at all.  Please fix this problem.  Nothing but problems with Hughes since the day I got it installed.
florek1
Freshman

it does not work at all I get that message every time I try to use it.  It worked just fine 3 months ago.  Hughes new in proved sight will not take it.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

They (Hughes) have been notified of the issue ... and are working on it.

Q: Until the issue is resolved, why not simply use the "old" online one-time payment method linked to above?

GabeU

Amanda, 

Still a no go.  I know you said it should work for one time payments, but it's not.  

https://www.usdirectexpress.com/

I'm a bit concerned about what's going to happen when they shut the old site down, which still takes the card for one time payments.  I really don't want to have to call to make a payment.  Giving CC info over the phone isn't a comforting thing to do.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Gabe, I don't think the old site is going away anytime soon. I just paid my bill as a one time advance payment just a day or two ago.

I did have to remember to remove the "check mark" from the auto opt-in box but it is still working:

GabeU

I find it of note that quite often it's mentioned to remove the check mark, but for me it's never been automatically checked.  I've never had to remove it.  

Perhaps the default is checked for e-checks but not checked for CCs and/or debit cards.  

Amanda

Sorry for the delay. Sending this up to the correct department to take a look at. - Amanda
Amanda

Gabe - can you e-mail the first 6 digits of the card ONLY the first 6 to communitysupport@hughes.com? They want to check and make sure it is not being blocked.

Thank you
Amanda
GabeU

Amanda,

Done.  I included my SAN, too, so they know who they are talking to.  

Amanda

Thank you Gabe, I've sent this information over in reply to my full escalation. So far it appears it actually is an issue with the support center website itself. It so, that is an easier fix imo. I'll keep you updated.
GabeU

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  

As long as the old site is still up it's not really a very big problem.  I was worried about that site closing any day, but perhaps it will be around a bit longer than I thought.  

GabeU

Early this morning during our overnight updates to the Support center, I was told that the one time payment option was reverted to using the system from the customercare site instead of an independant method. It should work fine now. Of course let me know if it does not.

Thank you

Amanda

GabeU

Thank you, Amanda.  I don't know why but I missed your reply from Thursday (3/9/2017).  I will give it a try again next month and let you know what happens.  Thanks for looking into it for me.  

norrisp46
New Poster

I just started with Hughes in November.  Every month something is wrong!!  You say you pay your bill online.  They didn't even give me that option.  My bill is automatically paid with my card.  I don't even get to see my bill.  This month my bill was more than last month, but I didn't know why.  Had to call them once again.  I don't want to be automattically charged.  I want to see my entire bill!!  This is nuts.  I didn't even know there was a 2 year requirement to keep this service.