Hughesnet Community

Can't update ANY of my account information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HughesSucks

Can't update ANY of my account information

I am beyond frustrated. MyHughesnet online account services are absolutely useless. Every time I try to update my credit card information I get an error message saying that I do not have permission to update my information. Which is rediculous because it is my own account!! Who has access to it if not for me?? I know the mod is just going to reply to say to call customer service but your customer service is garbage too. I don't have time to sit on hold for 30+ minutes only to explain my situation to your agent and have them say they need to transfer me to a different department.... and another 30+ minutes wait time while they transfer me. What I want is to be able to manage my own bloody account online!! 

I've been stuck with the same old, inactive billing phone number for the past 3 years because I can't change that either. Called to have one of your agents change it and they assured me it would be, but suprise suprise... they couldn't even get that done.

FYI my old payment information will be cancelled next month and if you want to be paid I need to know how to fix this problem without having to sit on the phone for two hours trying to solve somehting that should be as easy as typing the new info in my account settings and clicking 'save'. UGH.

8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Hi Karina,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and I see you have a business account. The community is primarily for residential support, but what I can do is send your concern over to the enterprise department here. Once I have any updates from them or confirmation that they'll have someone address your concern, I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Karina,

Thank you for your patience. The enterprise department informed me that they'll have their billing department reach out to you regarding your payment update concern.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Same issue here...customer account interface is absolutely useless. Cannot update billing address, credit card number, or any other pertinent account data. I've seen multiple theads on this forum stating the same, and yet still no resolution months later.....what's the holdup HushesNet? A tech company that cannot even provide a usefull customer interface....disgusted! 

Extremely disgusting is right.  Thanks for posting this.  I am filing a FORMAL letter to Federal the state AG about this.  No excuse!  I don't want to give my CC to a rep on the phone...

I apologize for my earlier upset post. You are free to remove it.

Good morning ARPamIAm,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations. You don't have to update your payment information over the phone,there is a way to do this online. If you are having difficulty updating your info online, please start your own thread. I'm going to close this older thread.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

ARPamIAm
Freshman

I have deleted this post since it was objectionable. It didn’t seem to violate TOS. I was mad that day. But though my delivery was angry, my message concept was appropriate. A working website to protect credit card privacy, is very reasonable - and my expectation if the Forum was offered under my login, I had a reason to expect access to post.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ARPamIAm

If you are going to use the site, please refrain from violating the Community Terms of Service.  

@Liz

@Amanda