Community. Service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wudrest
Sophomore

Community. Service.

So I guess it has come to this. What do we all want. In a service we want the best service for our money. I have had HughesNet for about a year now. The service is awful. I have a year left on my contract which can’t come soon enough. I hate to see the bill notices because I know I am not getting what I am paying for. I have read on this community site. I see what others do, the steps they take for nothing or even worse, the run a round. The past year my wife says call them. They don’t know you are having a problem unless you call. I said it is a waste of time. So finally she grew frustrated with the lack of service and called. I didn’t time it but let’s say it was 30 min. They upgraded or minutes for 3 months. I have to cancel the upgrade. For lack of service. Bottom line. I am a bottom line guy. I cannot tell a difference in speed when I have minutes and when I don’t. Service is awful both times. I bought a phone signal booster for $400. I get better internet today on it. In fact that is what I am using now. Verizon unlimited and a signal booster. I am paying out my contract then canceling this awful service. If anyone knows of a cl**bleep** action against hughesNet I would like to know about it because the only thing that can make this transaction fair is for them to give all of my money back.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Wudrest

There are expansions presently happening to improve the speed of the service for those that are affected.  I'm not sure what you are referring to with minutes.  The plans are based on amount of high speed data, not minutes.  

If you would like to troubleshoot your service issues, please start a new post in the Tech Support section, which you can do here... 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Wudrest

There are expansions presently happening to improve the speed of the service for those that are affected.  I'm not sure what you are referring to with minutes.  The plans are based on amount of high speed data, not minutes.  

If you would like to troubleshoot your service issues, please start a new post in the Tech Support section, which you can do here... 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Slip of the tongue. Shouldn’t have said min. Should have said megabytes or gigabytes or what ever they measure. My internet buffers and spins no matter what you call it. And I should be on another area but I should be on another internet provider. Oh wait I am. I using Verizon unlimited because HughesNet internet can’t run without buffering

There are always upgrades. They turned on a whole new satellite when we signed on the line. Bottom line HughsNet buffers like no othe.

I wonder... does it really cost $400 to get out of the contract early?

I wonder... does it really cost $400 to get out of the contract early?

I am posting in accounts a billing because my account gets billed every month for service that is lacking or not there. The technician that installed it installed it wrong. Control center told him not to leave it that way and he told them it was the only way I could get any service. Oh when I do a speed check it will tell me 45 MB’s. But the service buffers when you watch a YouTube video. I had cable Lynks before I move here. I asked if they could hook me up. Centurytel is in this area but both said they can’t help me. I have Verizon with unlimited data and a signal booster. That seems to my best bet for now.
Wudrest
Sophomore

I feel like paying for HughesNet is community service
Wudrest
Sophomore

The last call my wife made they were supposed to call her back from another department. We are still waiting on that call. I guess that is just the HughesNet operates. Pass you around til someone drops the ball. Oh wouldn’t that be the installer? No not the installation. I was the one that called and asked for internet service. It was a joint thing with Dish network. I was surprised. I used to think more of Dish. It is not who you are it is who your friends are.