Contemplating termination early.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zysis

Contemplating termination early.

Hello,

First off I'd  like to say that our equipment seams like it works fine, except that our speed never seams to be better after the reset.  All the speed tests I've ever done have returned .85 down and 3.85 up.  That being said we purchased tokens today to finish a recovery usb that I've  been trying to download for three days.  I know there is a termination fee but I'd  like to know how much it would be for me.  I do not have access to my phone anymore as the thing just quit working, so I cannot call.  Is there any way to find this information  out in the app? 

This service is not what the lady on the phone said.  She said we would be able to stream Netflix, i told her i watch all the time.  The netflix will stream but a movie that plays for one hour takes an hour and a half or sometimes two hours.  I feel like this service is not right for our family, as i guess we use more net than is provided or will ever be. I think for a family that does not stream, or use the net much this is a wonderfull service, but we need more.  I even had trouble loading reasearch pages for my daughter's school  assignments.  

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is from legal.hughesnet.com:

If you cancel after activation but before the end of your 24-month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service.

If your service is new enough, your sales call may still be available for the Hughesnet staff to retrieve and listen to, so they can verify what the sales agent told you.  If you were misled by the sales agent, you may be able to get a reduced ETF. 

The Hughesnet reps will be back on tomorrow (Tuesday). 

Edit:  If you leased your equipment , you need to return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio in good condition within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged a $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee ($100 for the modem and power supply and $200 for the radio transmitter).

Liz

Hi Zysis, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account and I see that you have 20 months left in your 2 year commitment, so if you were to cancel now, your ETF would be $370.00.  

I also see you're currently subject to our Fair Access Policy, which means you're out of your daily allowance, which is why your speeds are reduced and can prove difficult to stream.

You may want to look into the device on your network named "Hamstaro Dell". Just today that computer has used up a little over 14 GB. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Zysis,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!