Hughesnet Community

Contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob74

Contract

I had a representative come to my door and talk to my wife and I about the dish being replaced. We were on a month to month status with Hughesnet and didn't want to be in another contract and we told him that, several times. He reassured us that we were not going to be on a contract. Hughesnet was just replacing the dish with a better one. That was a week and a half ago. Last Friday they came and replaced the dish as well as the modem and the phone box and I was told to call Hughesnet on Monday (today) to get our old phone number back because they had to put a new, temporary one in. I called today (Monday) and was told we are in a new two year contract. What!?!?!?!? I was on the phone for an hour and a half trying to explain to Hughesnet that when they installed the new dish, I was told we were not going to be on a contract. He said the best he could do was to give a a one year contract. Hughesnet is the worst internet company I have ever tried to work with. I don't recommend it to anyone. I called the guy that had come to our house and he said he will look into it. I will post later about what happens. Stay away from Hughesnet!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That sounds really awful, and you're right to be angry, but there's no need to warn others, as what happened to you is pretty much not the norm.  Let the mods on this site take a look at what happened first. They will get back to you on this site or via private message. 

Edit: Subscribers and potential subscribers should never accept anything like this without getting ID from the person that comes to your door, and then calling the customer service number to verify the person and the offer are real.  If you can't  get confirmation, then pass on the offer.  

I did call Hughesnet. They were supposed to get back to me and didn't. I researched the company myself and they are legit. Somebody "made a mistake" in the paperwork and now I'm paying for it. That's not right. Hughesnet isn't making it right (in my opinion). If I'm told that I'm not going to be on a two year contract, that's what I expect. I shouldn't have to talk to customer service for an hour and a half and only come out with a one year contract.

maratsade

My advice would've been not to make a move regarding the dish and modem change until you verified the offer was legit.  You went ahead with it anyway, right? In any case, give the mods here some time to investigate and get back to you.  They will get back to you on this site or via private message, and they are at a higher level than the people you call. 

Before you give yourself a stroke, sit back and wait; I'm sure they'll get back to you very shortly, but they will need time to investigate. 

GabeU

Wow.  I hope this can be straightened out.  It sounds to me like the company that did the work, or at least the tech, was pulling a fast one.

maratsade

It definitely sounds iffy. 

@GabeU wrote:

Wow.  I hope this can be straightened out.  It sounds to me like the company that did the work, or at least the tech, was pulling a fast one.

Jay

Hello Rob74,

We appreciate you reaching out and making us aware of the situation. I would like to take a look at the account to see what happened and make this right for you.

Please see my private message.

Thank you,

Jay