Contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Betty2crocker
New Poster

Contract

I’m writing this because I was never aware that I was under a contract!! When the sales person contacted me, I don’t ever remember him telling me I would be under a contract!! When I called to cancel the service because it is the worst internet, I was then told I was under a one year contact???? Grrrr....I would have remembered that. Then today I find out it’s a 2yr. Contract!!! I have had nothing but issues!! And I’m paying for bad service! I never signed anything, nor did I even get papers!! Not happy.
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Betty2crocker 

If it's been no more than a few months since your sales call the reps can more than likely have your sales call reviewed to verify whether the two year contract was divulged.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though sometimes they're on during the evenings as of late.  They should reply within a day or so.    

Though it's possible that you didn't understand the person, the contract is, I believe, normally mentioned in the scripted speech they give toward the end of the sales call.  The speech in which they ask the customer, at the end, if they agree to what's been read.  

Damian

Hello Sue,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this. In regards to signing the contract, once you agree to the terms and conditions that are spoken before signup up and you make your initial payment, you are verbally signing the contract. These terms also go over the contact information in detail as well. I will investigate the sales call and let you know of my findings. Please allow a full business week for this investigation to be completed. Thank you for your patience in advanced. 

-Damian

Ok please do. I'm pretty sure it was misleading and nothing was said about a contract! Hughes net is terrible!!!

Sue,

I have completed the investigation. Please refer to your private messages for further details.

-Damian