Contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhobo55
Freshman

Contract

I would like for you to pull my original phone call when signing up. She said it was being recorded. The rep told me if I signed up for 2 years I would get $10 a month off. I told her I only wanted one year. Now I find out she signed me up for 2 years and I am still paying the extra $10 a month. I don't and did not want the savings, I made it clear to her I didn't want 2 years with anyone.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Rhobo55

If it was a year or more ago, the recording of the sales call may no longer be available, but I'm sure a Rep will tell you one way or the other.  

With that said, pricing discounts, at least from what I have seen, are done for a maximum of twelve months at a time.  Even if, for whatever reason, it was worked out that a discount would be for two years, it would have to again be applied after the first twelve months for the second twelve months.  Again, though, this is only going by what I have seen.  I'm not a Hughesnet employee, just a customer, like you.  

As for only signing up for a twelve month contract, that they will definitely have to research what was said, if available, as twelve month contracts are not offered with new sign ups.  All contracts are for twenty four months.  Again, though, let me make it clear that I am NOT a Hughesnet employee, and am only going by what I have seen in the contractual agreement that people agree to toward the end of the sales call and what is signed when the installation is completed by the tech.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern.  It may take a little time for them to respond.  

Liz

Hi Rhobo55,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I've requested your sales call for a review. Once I have news to share, I will post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz, check your PM please

Hello Rhonda,

I've received your sales call review findings:

After reviewing the call, the agent does cover in the final terms and conditions that the service term would be for 24 months.  There is no other discussion on the call regarding the service term or cancellation.

The scripting the agent reads for the agreement are:

“The contract term is 24 months.  If you cancel after activation but prior to the expiration of the 24 month commitment period, you will be subject to an early termination fee of up to $400.”

Regarding your the $10 discount, I pulled up your account to check if there was such a discount applied (there wasn't) so I applied a $10 x 12 month discount which will start in May.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

No, there definitely was a discussion about not wanting tied into a 2 year contact. That is where she offered me the $10 off a month and I turned it down so I could only do a one year. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. Other ppl should know how Hughesnet conducts business.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Rhobo55,

Just an FYI...  The Hughesnet Moderators and Employees that monitor this site are part of the same group that handles B.B.B. and F.C.C. and many other 3 letter acronym complaints.  You will recieve the same response in the time alloted by the respective agencys from Hughesnet.

Thanks,
C0RR

Would appreciate your help.
Ty,
Rhonda