Hughesnet Community

Could someone tell me when my contracts for phone and internet end?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacetree
Junior

Could someone tell me when my contracts for phone and internet end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi pacetree,

The commitment for your Voice service is already up, and the HughesNet service commitment ends in 5 months.

-Amanda

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Going by your post here it would be 2 years from the date you posted it: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Products-and-Plans/New-Gen5-upgrade-today/m-p/76001

Well I guess I could have done that for internet.  But I really wanted to know about phone.  Unless I've forgotten a post about that too! Thanks for the reply.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@pacetree wrote:

Well I guess I could have done that for internet.  But I really wanted to know about phone.  Unless I've forgotten a post about that too! Thanks for the reply.

I was going to edit and say the phone might be different but Amanda had replied. Glad you got your answer.

Why is the information regarding contract period not available on this site? This is ridiculous. I need to know when my contract ends. I switched to Gen 5 and it made no improvement in my performance so I'll be moving on.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pyrotechsg wrote:

Why is the information regarding contract period not available on this site? This is ridiculous. I need to know when my contract ends. I switched to Gen 5 and it made no improvement in my performance so I'll be moving on.

If you sign into the My Account site and click on the My Bill tab, you can view your invoices.  If you view your older invoices you should be able to get an idea of when you upgraded by seeing when the price changed.  The contracts are for 24 months, so this should at least give you a general idea.  For an exact date, you should start a new topic here and ask a rep for that date.  

Hope this helps.  🙂 

Thanks for the reply but I have already done that. I assume it was at the first of the year but again, it should be available on the site without having to post a question to a thread. It seems HughesNet is intentionally trying to make it hard to find this information out. It would be simple to include the contract termination date on the My HughesNet billing page. I will make a post to get the information but it seems everything is harder than it should be with this company. I tried to get a service call to have my dish pointed to the newest satellite shortly after "upgrading" to Gen 5 because there was no noticeable performance improvement and all I got was an email asking me to contact tech support to determine what the problem might be. I have a free service call and I don't understand why when that is what I asked for HughesNet wants to do something else. Well that's not true, I do know why, it costs HughesNet money to actually provide a service promised.

Amanda

Hi pacetree,

The commitment for your Voice service is already up, and the HughesNet service commitment ends in 5 months.

-Amanda